Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?
EA...maybe instead of 4 mounting holes have 4 slots. That way any bolt pattern between the 2-3/8 and 2-7/8 would work, even the odd "metric" ones.
We chose to make ours more snug, rather than having the the elongated slots, but we can make one custom, by request.
I've taken a couple orders for 2 5/8" spacing.
Travis

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #52  
EA...maybe instead of 4 mounting holes have 4 slots. That way any bolt pattern between the 2-3/8 and 2-7/8 would work, even the odd "metric" ones.
I vote for the elongated holes. Sure would have made my measuring error easier to deal with. ( to get to 2 5/8” by drilling & filing). I made that suggestion today to a nice fellow at EA.

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #53  
I can't see any reason to have one in the first
place what ever is on it will stay until it gets in
my way then out with it.

willy

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #54  
my way then out with it.

willy
A grenading U joint or slip clutch are 2 reasons to have a good cover over them. I am not concerned with operator entanglement as I never get near or allow any one else near a spinning PTO.

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #55  
my way then out with it.

willy
I think for me, I'd like to have a cover on it just because I'm out at someone else's property when I'm mowing, and I don't want anything to get near my spinning pto shaft.

I'd like to think I'm also smart enough not to go near it when it's running, and I can't think of a single reason to have the pto engaged while I'm out of the cab.

I vote for the elongated holes. Sure would have made my measuring error easier to deal with. ( to get to 2 5/8” by drilling & filing). I made that suggestion today to a nice fellow at EA.
I hear that it is going to be changed to elongated holes, for the ones sent to guys who are upgrading their existing gearbox.
Travis

I hear that it is going to be changed to elongated holes, for the ones sent to guys who are upgrading their existing gearbox.
Travis

I forgot to elaborate on said elongated Xtreme Gearbox Hood holes.
Here ya go.
Travis

Elongated2s.jpg

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #59  
I got the hood for my ruff cut mower painted and bolted on. I will let the paint cure for a while before I put the safety decal on.

It's going to be much easier to maintain the clutch and u-joint now.

Thanks for your modification of the mounting holes E. A.

Attachments

• EA mower hood.jpg
    EA mower hood.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 102
Xtreme Gearbox Hood showed up today on a Woods cutter! :love:
Travis

325593945_713077963765168_2553394701343337731_ns.jpg