Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?
Another satisfied customer!
Travis

"Received my EA gear box hood for my brush cutter today. Just installed it. Great product, great fit, quality product that will make accessing the PTO shaft connection to the gear box super simple for greasing. Great replacement for the plastic hood that came on the cutter. If you don’t have one of these hoods I highly recommend getting one. Thanks." -Keith from Virginia.

Have you upgraded your rotary cutter by adding an EA "Gearbox Hood" yet? If not, you're missin out!! Here's an awesome new video showing the benefits and easy installation:
Order your hood here: Best Brush Cutter Gearbox Hood
Travis

watershedvid.JPG

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #63  
I'm still hoping once the new building comes on line and everything gets caught up, a painted version will be offered. I hate painting!

And I hear metal prices are coming down slowly. :)

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #64  
Just ordered one for my Land Pride RCD1884 Rotary Cutter. I'll follow up with my impressions on it once I receive and install it.

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #65  
I just received my gearbox shield from Everything Attachments and am very pleased with it. After painting and letting it cure I got my rotary cutter ready for annual service, including spinning the clutch plates. This time though, I pulled the shaft off of the gearbox end so I could remove the lampshade "buster collar" and install the new EA cover.

Installation was a snap and it truly is a quick on, quick off to get to the clutch and grease fittings. I will no longer dread doing this maintenance.

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #66  
I finally got mine installed yesterday. I ordered one early before the slotted ones were offered and, of course, I ordered the incorrect size. I few minutes with a burr grinder fixed that issue. A little Earl Scheib paint job (complete with runs and orange peel) and I was in business.

For anyone who spends time working on the slip clutch (which should be annually) or greasing the u-joints this is well worth the money. The first time I tried to do any work on my mower I was looking for some sort of replacement. I found several companies that still use the flip up type or something similar but the cost was crazy and I was not guaranteed it would fit or require significant modification. OF course you could go the route of removing it all together but I would rather not.

John
Shield_Pic.jpg

I finally got mine installed yesterday. I ordered one early before the slotted ones were offered and, of course, I ordered the incorrect size. I few minutes with a burr grinder fixed that issue. A little Earl Scheib paint job (complete with runs and orange peel) and I was in business.

For anyone who spends time working on the slip clutch (which should be annually) or greasing the u-joints this is well worth the money. The first time I tried to do any work on my mower I was looking for some sort of replacement. I found several companies that still use the flip up type or something similar but the cost was crazy and I was not guaranteed it would fit or require significant modification. OF course you could go the route of removing it all together but I would rather not.

John
View attachment 799291
Thanks so much for the business and great words, sir!!
#EAcustomersROCK
Travis

Mark from the EA Facebook Group just dressed up his land pride cutter with some WICKEDNESS!!!
Travis

346455708_1340657056793198_9088808882145443502_ns.jpg

346272031_604784368272438_7463090862835786428_ns.jpg

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #69  
I just received my gearbox shield from Everything Attachments and am very pleased with it. After painting and letting it cure I got my rotary cutter ready for annual service, including spinning the clutch plates. This time though, I pulled the shaft off of the gearbox end so I could remove the lampshade "buster collar" and install the new EA cover.

Installation was a snap and it truly is a quick on, quick off to get to the clutch and grease fittings. I will no longer dread doing this maintenance.
Added pic:
20230429_194310.jpg