Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #1  

EverythingAttachments

Elite Member
Tractor
Which One do you want to know about?
Here's where we're throwing the ones we've been using..

20221026_152305e.jpg

Upgrade your gearbox shield..​

For YEARS, people have complained about how hard it is to access their rotary cutter pto shaft for greasing, removing, or any other maintenance related actions. It's very frustrating, to say the least, no matter what brand you have. Despite all of the complaining, busted knuckles, and cuss words uttered, NO manufacturer has ever done anything about it. They keep on using those cheap chinese, plastic guards, or flower pots, as we generally call them. It covers the manufacturer, in the safety liability dept, but, as with many other ways corners are cut, the consumer ultimately loses. It's like trying to work on a car with a hood that won't open.
Now, WE have created the convenient, easy to install "Gearbox Hood".

Details:
EA Xtreme Gearbox Hood For Sale at Everything Attachments

312952391_786917569066773_1351352486266838427_nes.jpg

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #2  
Hey that looks interesting. I'm also thinking it would make getting to my (broken) shear pin a lot easier to swap it out?

The most onerous part of shear pin replacements is not being able to see the pin hole to line it up and put the new one in.

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #3  
Here's where we're throwing the ones we've been using..

View attachment 768021

Upgrade your gearbox shield..​

For YEARS, people have complained about how hard it is to access their rotary cutter pto shaft for greasing, removing, or any other maintenance related actions. It's very frustrating, to say the least, no matter what brand you have. Despite all of the complaining, busted knuckles, and cuss words uttered, NO manufacturer has ever done anything about it. They keep on using those cheap chinese, plastic guards, or flower pots, as we generally call them. It covers the manufacturer, in the safety liability dept, but, as with many other ways corners are cut, the consumer ultimately loses. It's like trying to work on a car with a hood that won't open.
Now, WE have created the convenient, easy to install "Gearbox Hood".

Details:
EA Xtreme Gearbox Hood For Sale at Everything Attachments

View attachment 768025

Now you just need to make wickeder blades for your early generation rotary cutter

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?
Hey that looks interesting. I'm also thinking it would make getting to my (broken) shear pin a lot easier to swap it out?

The most onerous part of shear pin replacements is not being able to see the pin hole to line it up and put the new one in.

Yes sir. All of our EA Xtreme Cutters will be upgraded to this design, and thought it'd be nice to offer it for others as well.
Travis

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #7  
EA, The link to the gearbox hood doesn't open for me. It just goes to the EA page and stays white-faced.
Scan down, it opened that way on my old computer

It shows it at the the bottom of that page on my new computer.

Try this direct link: Best Brush Cutter Gearbox Hood

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #9  
How will the shield be shipped? I definitely want one. A $110 home delivery charge would be prohibitive for me though.
Thanks

Edit: I found the answer on their website. Ordered one today. It will give me a little painting project.
  • Free UPS Ground Shipping to your home within 1,000 miles!

Last edited:
   / Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #10  
Finally! I've been looking for something that would fit my Frontier mower similar to this. Working on the slip clutch or greasing takes way too long with the existing plastic shield. As soon as I get a chance to measure my gearbox I will be ordering one.