Divorce, need value help!

/ Divorce, need value help! #81  
She is one crazy woman
I think that is due to gender, not specific to her alone :).
I divorced 11 years ago, best thing I ever did other than having two awesome kids.
She waited until my folks passed and I inherited a bit of money before she announced the divorce. She got that, 1/2 my Can, pension, 1/2 my work pension and left me stuck with a cc debit my son had run up, (he's since grown up a lot :) ).
As was said, it's cheaper to rent........Mike

/ Divorce, need value help! #82  
I would never divorce my wife,,,, too expensive. 😆

Seriously, the grass is not always greener....

Same here! I'm an engineer by day and we operate a small business at home that's very successful. On top of my wife managing that home business and keeping the house spotless, she also takes care of our kids (2 westies and a grumpy old cairn terrier we rescued) I don't even want to think about how life would be without her or me on my own again. We're too dependant on each other now!

/ Divorce, need value help! #83  
We don't even think about DIVORCE! We growd on one
another, Married Dec 1966 going on 55 years sure don't
seem like a very long time ago that we were married!
I was going to buy a smaller tractor with no cab, wife says no you get one with the cab. Ya gotta keep wife
happy right?

willy

/ Divorce, need value help! #84  
When going thru divorce from #1 I came to realize why some guys might lose it and end up a widower.

Current wife has kept me around almost 38 years. Almost lost her twice, car accident / cancer. Will be saddest day of my life when I do lose her. She is very supportive of my need for toys, I mean tools.

/ Divorce, need value help! #85  
My wife filed for divorce and I need to value my 2011 R4047 with FEL and backhoe for marital assets. About 500 hours on the tractor.
I know one thing for sure , she is not getting the tractor!View attachment 642350View attachment 642351

You are up the creek without a paddle my friend if you think an anonymous user group is the place to get valuations for your divorce case. Your tractor is going to cost you $20K in legal bills. Auction everything, buy a case of Vaseline, give all your money to the lawyers, grab your ankles.

/ Divorce, need value help! #86  
I wasn't getting notifications on this thread and forgot all about it. Believe it or not I'm still going through it. The brand new house we built is sold and the closing is on June 15th. Then the fight over assets starts. She is one crazy woman. She had the papers served on my September 24, 2019.
Women.....crazy? ....really? Only because they can get away with it.

BTW Mr Martini, did you know there is/was a pretty good band in portland named dirty martini

/ Divorce, need value help! #87  
My wife filed for divorce and I need to value my 2011 R4047 with FEL and backhoe for marital assets. About 500 hours on the tractor.
I know one thing for sure , she is not getting the tractor!View attachment 642350View attachment 642351
Oh BIG mistake...."I know one thing for sure, she is not getting my tractor"
That is a sure loosing philosophy!
You need to convince HER to get appraisals on the car and tractor also.
Her appraisals will always be too high!
Then you use her appraisals as the value, and say if it is worth that, you can have it to sell.

I did this with a boat.
I found an appraiser to value my boat at $135K, she had an appraisal of $235K.
My attorney said: We will offer it to her for $235K, because she is stating that is what it is worth, and she can then sell it.
If she does not want it at that price, she will have to accept the value as being $135K, and at that price you will keep it.
It worked!
The attorney was (almost) worth his ridiculous fee.
Almost!

Last edited:
   / Divorce, need value help! #88  
Then you use her appraisals as the value, and say if it is worth that, you can have it to sell.

I did this with a boat.
I found an appraiser to lo ball value my boat at $135K, she had an appraisal of $235K (it actually was worth $235K)
My attorney said: We will offer it to her for her $235K, because she is stating that is what it is worth, and she can then sell it.
If she does not want it at that price, she will have to accept the value as being $135K

It worked!
Almost!

/ Divorce, need value help!
You are up the creek without a paddle my friend if you think an anonymous user group is the place to get valuations for your divorce case. Your tractor is going to cost you $20K in legal bills. Auction everything, buy a case of Vaseline, give all your money to the lawyers, grab your ankles.
Probably the most honest, straightforward piece of advice yet. This divorce has been like the movie "War of the Roses "

/ Divorce, need value help! #90  

I did this with a boat.
I found an appraiser to value my boat at $135K, she had an appraisal of $235K.
My attorney said: We will offer it to her for her $235K, because she is stating that is what it is worth, and she can then sell it.
If she does not want it at that price, she will have to accept the value as being $135K.
It worked!
Almost!
I did exactly that. While amicable, her friends were urging her to make me sell my 1929 Chickering grand piano. On Antiques Roadshow etc, it would appraise for maybe $7500.

In reality, i do not know a single person who plays piano or anyone who would want it, except me.

Per your instructions, I told her to sell it herself. Yea, Right. I don't think she took enough stem courses to figure it out.

You can bet your azz i still got my piano and my 1988 bmw convertible and she's got some phony immune disease.