Divorce, need value help!

/ Divorce, need value help! #11  
Go ask your local dealer what they壇 give you for it on trade-in, get the offer in writing, and use that number. If you get challenged, you have a written offer as proof of value. And because it痴 an LS, if you were to get that offer from, say, a Deere or Kubota dealer, I知 guessing it壇 be pretty low.

/ Divorce, need value help! #12  
Might need a recent picture of your wife, so I could decide whose side I am on. LOL
Great idea to get a written quote from an off brand dealer, who doesn,t like the brand you own.
By any chance, is your wife blonde ? They are suppose to be the easiest ones to fool. LOL

/ Divorce, need value help!
Go ask your local dealer what they壇 give you for it on trade-in, get the offer in writing, and use that number. If you get challenged, you have a written offer as proof of value. And because it痴 an LS, if you were to get that offer from, say, a Deere or Kubota dealer, I知 guessing it壇 be pretty low.
I was thinking that exact thing earlier. Trade in value...

/ Divorce, need value help!
Might need a recent picture of your wife, so I could decide whose side I am on. LOL
Great idea to get a written quote from an off brand dealer, who doesn,t like the brand you own.
By any chance, is your wife blonde ? They are suppose to be the easiest ones to fool. LOL
Take my wife...please!

/ Divorce, need value help! #15  
Good advice... if you are planning on keeping it.

/ Divorce, need value help! #16  
what you could do is tell her to put a value on it then you give her half of that value or you tell her to give you half that value an you go get yourself another one. Either way you both will be happy with the value because she knows that being too high or too low it could very well bite her.

/ Divorce, need value help! #17  
Best get a legitimate appraisal. Let her get one if she wants and average them. You put in a lowball number and she might push to buy your half out and leave you with no tractor and half a bogus value.

/ Divorce, need value help! #18  
Take my wife...please!

Here is what my attorney did 24 years ago in my situation.

My lovely ex knew I wanted to keep my 44' DeFever trawler, and SHE had it appraised (If your sweetheart has not already done so, you should first suggest that SHE have the tractor appraised)
My attorney said we need to get a very low appraisal,..... and I found a sleeze bag appraiser,..... who gave a very low $145,000 value.
In attorney to attorney negotiations, my attorney said, it seems that we cannot agree on the boat value. My client does not want it at your value, so we will put your $265,000 appraised value on your side of the ledger, and you can sell it for the cash.
All of a sudden the ex was no longer interested in the boat,...... and agreed that I could keep it for MY appraised value.

Worked out great!
Her appraisal value was $265,000, mine was $145,000.
It went to my side of the ledger valued at $145,000.
Ten years later, I sold the boat for exactly $300K.

I had a brilliant Boston attorney, (attwoodcherney.com) and she had a nasty angry attorney *****.
Jacob Atwood is now deceased, but his highly respected Boston law firm lives on.
Way back in 1996, mine was a HUGE attorney bill,..... but worth every penny!

My attorney and I got along fabulously, and he actually offered to hire me, if I would go to law school.
I was 56 years old, and appreciated the compliment, but I was then only 4 years from an age 60 mandatory retirement.

I'll be 80 later this year.
Never been happier (have a very sweet - for 20 years - live in partner)

The infamous question/answer....

"Why are divorces so expensive?"
"Because they are worth it!"

Last edited:
   / Divorce, need value help! #19  
Call your dealer and ask him what he would give you for it if he comes and picks it up. The number will probably offend you, but ask for it in writing (if you want to keep it). If she wants it, go to tractorhouse!

/ Divorce, need value help! #20  
fill the cylinders with oil and have it appraised as 'stuck motor'. Remember that she gets only 1/2 of only what was acquired after you rented her, and that you both get to keep any inherited money, stuff, tractors, or gold fish.