Divorce, need value help!

/ Divorce, need value help! #21  
fill the cylinders with oil and have it appraised as 'stuck motor'. Remember that she gets only 1/2 of only what was acquired after you rented her, and that you both get to keep any inherited money, stuff, tractors, or gold fish.

What? Unless there’s a prenup it doesn’t work that way.

/ Divorce, need value help! #22  
For Sale Wife.jpg

Not Responsible for the content of this photo.

/ Divorce, need value help! #23  
What? Unless there’s a prenup it doesn’t work that way.
thats the way it worked for me. Each deducted what they brought to the marriage and then she got half of whatever increase in value there was after we got married. funny thing was I asked the lawyer what if there had been a loss over that time and I was told the woman never pays in that case.

/ Divorce, need value help! #24  
funny thing was I asked the lawyer what if there had been a loss over that time and I was told the woman never pays in that case.

Of course not. Men get screwed over in divorces.

/ Divorce, need value help! #25  
thats the way it worked for me. Each deducted what they brought to the marriage and then she got half of whatever increase in value there was after we got married. funny thing was I asked the lawyer what if there had been a loss over that time and I was told the woman never pays in that case.

I think it has to do with the length of the marriage. A week after you get married.... she certainly aint entitled to half of what you own.....30 years later she certainly IS. Im not a lawyer, so I dont know the length of time required.

AS to the OP and the tractor value...Not many good comps for sale out there. So its tough.

Based on some similar models Id have to say $18k-$20k is about right

/ Divorce, need value help! #26  
fill the cylinders with oil and have it appraised as 'stuck motor'. Remember that she gets only 1/2 of only what was acquired after you rented her, and that you both get to keep any inherited money, stuff, tractors, or gold fish.

Not in MI.
What she owned before the marriage is hers.
EVERYTHING else is joint property.

/ Divorce, need value help! #27  
What half of it is worth in a divorce does not relate to how much you could get out of it if you sold it. As far as her side thinks, it is golden. Better to just go with the golden evaluation, let her have half of that, and let it be. Money is one thing, but getting it over with is worth more than money..... :)

/ Divorce, need value help! #29  
Not in MI.
What she owned before the marriage is hers.
EVERYTHING else is joint property.

Divorce laws in various stated are VERY DIFFERENT!
I was divorced in Massachusetts.
EVERYTHING, INCLUDING WHAT I INHERITED, was subject to a divorce split.
Went through two attorneys, before I found a good one.
Even a good attorney must follow the divorce laws of your state however.

/ Divorce, need value help! #30