Ditch Witch C99

/ Ditch Witch C99 #151  
Hi Dave,
This is Don Young. Did you get my PM request for a copy of your manuals for the C99? I couldn't tell if it got sent or not. I'll try sending it again just to be sure. Thanks, Don
Hi Don,

Just noticed the activity. Still looking for the manuals? I can send them if you like. I have them all, including the engine parts and service manuals.

Gary N.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #155  
Last edited:
   / Ditch Witch C99 #157  
It’s been a fun rebuild so far.
We have different ideas of fun :). I have zero patience for this kind of work but I'm persistent :). A year and a half later I am back at it.

I fixed it enough to do a couple hundred feet of trenching at my house and then parked it. I think I'm going to attempt to take the planetary gear apart and see if I can get it into drive. It's too heavy to push/pull around. It started right up after sitting for 18 months through two AZ summers. I stopped in here for a refresher course.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #158  
We have different ideas of fun :). I have zero patience for this kind of work but I'm persistent :). A year and a half later I am back at it.

I fixed it enough to do a couple hundred feet of trenching at my house and then parked it. I think I'm going to attempt to take the planetary gear apart and see if I can get it into drive. It's too heavy to push/pull around. It started right up after sitting for 18 months through two AZ summers. I stopped in here for a refresher course.
What kind of drive issues are you having? On mine, the planetary gearbox is welded together. The problem was that the part that was supposed to engage it would pop out. The box would spin a turn, then re engage for a short bit, then pop out again. A bit of grinding to change the angle to keep it engaged did the trick.