Diamond disc mulcher.

/ Diamond disc mulcher. #1  

Rustyiron

Tractor
M 9540 Kubota
Anyone running one or seen one working?
I'm in a very rocky area and only mulching up to about 6". This unit operates almost like a disc type chipper in that your not using the ground to mulch against. The chips seem big but that's not a problem as my work is more of a thinning stems in a forestry situation.
The link shows the operation.

/ Diamond disc mulcher.
I found a thread here from 2016 that was some help.

/ Diamond disc mulcher. #4  
Yes have seen the disc style operating and they throw stuff a long ways. Watched CTL just drive through scrub brush that was probably 3 inch diameter and smaller. Estimate cutter head was less than 6 to 8 inches off the ground and seemed to chew that brush up pretty good.
Not sure if they would tolerate rocks any better than drum style though.

/ Diamond disc mulcher. #5  
I assume you’re putting it on a CTL? A tractor isn’t up to the job. Those are definitely a hack it down tool and don’t do a very clean job. IMO all mulcher are a hack it down tool. You aren’t going to be doing the next cut with a lawnmower if that’s what you were expecting. They were like $22,000 a few years ago BTW.

Last edited:
   / Diamond disc mulcher.
The chips seem big but that's not a problem as my work is more of a thinning stems in forestry situation.
I've also responded to posts after only a quick skim reading. 😆👍

/ Diamond disc mulcher. #7  
Rusty
Those heads are also pretty heavy. The one I saw was on Deere 333G if I remember correctly and the back end seemed to dance pretty easy

/ Diamond disc mulcher. #8  
Rusty
Those heads are also pretty heavy. The one I saw was on Deere 333G if I remember correctly and the back end seemed to dance pretty easy

2400 pounds and it’s probably 7 feet long so that would be a pretty good load.

/ Diamond disc mulcher.
Definitely working on the flat or uphill would be the best.

/ Diamond disc mulcher.
Any of you guys seen the "paladin" FD-60 disc mulcher in action? I found one for $20k new. I'm noticing more of that style coming out from about 5 different manufacturers.