Deutz Tractors?

/ Deutz Tractors? #81  
l I don't know of any deutz dealers locally anymore. The nearest one is now across the lake in Canada.

Hi Robert - There is a NY Deutz-Fahr dealer near Rochester. It is Paige Equipment. I have been talking to them about the Agroplus S series for my new vineyard here in CT. One thing I know is that the DF features & options are complicated and one needs to dig to find a human source to explain these. ....Cheers, Gary

/ Deutz Tractors? #82  
Hi Robert - There is a NY Deutz-Fahr dealer near Rochester. It is Paige Equipment. I have been talking to them about the Agroplus S series for my new vineyard here in CT. One thing I know is that the DF features & options are complicated and one needs to dig to find a human source to explain these. ....Cheers, Gary

Thanks, Rochester is probably a half hour further then the Canadian dealer but would be faster, most likely cheaper and less hassle because of not needing to cross the border. I actually like the deutz vineyard tractors but didn't trust the local dealer to carry the brand very long so never considered them to seriously. Cab had more room and was easier to get in and out of then the cnh vineyard tractors.

/ Deutz Tractors? #83  
Just returned home from a visit to the Rochester area to test drive an Agroplus F420 and get a feel for the build quality, features, and ergonomics with the idea that the S version(need the 54in width) is similar in many respects except cab width. The Deutz Fahr is built very well and there was clear thought put into functionality and serviceability. In terms of ergonomics it's decent for a small cab area. The full side door egress from either side is a plus. Since I have a long torso I hit the AC/heat controls when bending over while sitting. The front 3 pt hitch and PTO are well built. Sadly the front PTO is 1000rpm only. This tractor is still high on my list for purchase. While at the dealership the F420 it was purchased by a local apple grower...it was his second.......Cheers, Gary

/ Deutz Tractors? #85  
I am considering a Deutz agrofarm 100 GS at the moment. I am in need of a tractor with good stability on steeper ground, good efficient brakes that don't make my kneecaps pop, good range of speeds, especially in the slow speeds, easy to shift shuttle and of course efficiency, reliability, easy on me the operator as I am getting older..
Any comments and advice most welcome thanks..

/ Deutz Tractors? #86  
I think the Agrofarm is a great tractor. They've been around in various arrangements for a few years so the "bugs" are ironed out mostly and if there are issues they are easy to find with such good history. Obviously the thing is very fuel efficient. I think they've got 40x40 trans available which is plenty of speeds. The DEUTZ FAHR tractors always have four wheel brakes which fits you well on steep ground. The newer range of 5 series has powerboost brakes, that would be a little nicer for you but I'm not sure which all models have it. The Farms brakes aren't necessarily hard though.

/ Deutz Tractors? #87  
Thanks for your reply DeutzFahr85,
Yes I am hoping that any issues with them has been sorted out by now as they seem to have been around for a while in one form or another. Yes it has 40x40 transmission with power shuttle, 4 wheel brakes although still yet to field test them myself. Although a cab would be nice for some things, I can only afford and justify one multi purpose tractor so I am probably better all round with a ROPS version because I do a fair amount of spot spraying from the tractor seat and live in a fairly mild sub tropical climate.
I would be interested in the 5 series but I think that they only come in the cab version, plus it's getting a little out of my budget by the time I fit a loader with 4 in 1 bucket. I will be looking at all the options though.
I currently own a Mahindra 8000 which is an excellent tractor, but on the steep hills it is a bit hard on me physically with braking, clutching and shifting. The lowest gear is still a bit quick for me in some situations and I would appreciate and economy speed and power operated PTO at times which the Mahindra is missing.
Looking at all brands, but the field seems to narrow quickly when in steeper rocky terrain. The Deutz has been recommended due to it's attributes for this type of terrain but I will be doing as much homework as possible.
Yet to see one in the flesh but the Dealer about 100kms away should be getting some stock soon, so it will be interesting to check out.
If I am not impressed with anything I will be sticking with the Mahindra as it has been good stable and reliable so far and the importer seems to be supporting them very well here in Australia. Can't really afford to make any big mistakes with this either being semi retired with minimal future income..

/ Deutz Tractors? #88  
could you tell me what kind of engine oil and hydraulic oil is recommended for a 1976 deuzt D4506 oe

Thanks
Joe

/ Deutz Tractors? #89  
could you tell me what kind of engine oil and hydraulic oil is recommended for a 1976 deuzt D4506 oe

Thanks
Joe
Any good brand diesel rated oil is fine in the engine, I use 15-40 Rotella in mine. And any good brand trans hydraulic oil is used in the transmission/hydraulics.

SR