Deutz Tractors?

/ Deutz Tractors? #1  

jfh0jfh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, JD 710, Case 450
I sometimes see 19670s-80s Deutz tractors for sale (Ohio) at decent prices. Often 4WD, 50-70 HP, air-cooled. This would be a handy utility tractor for me but there doesn't seem to be a strong dealer network around (I think they're part of Agco now).

Anyone have good/ bad experience with air-cooled Deutz? I appreciate that you get what you pay for and so there's probably a good reason that they are so cheap. A front-drive or trans failure would easily wipe out any savings.

But I know of a couple in the area and hear good things about them, relative to cost.

/ Deutz Tractors? #2  
Jon,

What models of Deutz Tractors are you looking at? We are a dealer for New Deutz Tractors & can still get parts for some of the older models. Deutz is now part of the SAME Deutz Fahr Company.

There are quite a few used Deutz air cooled Tractors still being used in our area, and we have heard very good feedback from the customers who are using them. We have not heard from anyone having issues with the air cooled engines or with the Front Wheel Assist axles. The tractors are extremely fuel efficient and the customers regularly comment that they hardly ever have to work on the Tractors (other then general maintenance).

Also I've attached some photos of what the new models look like.

Andrew

Attachments

• CIMG1332.JPG
    CIMG1332.JPG
    693.5 KB · Views: 33,348
  • CIMG1331.JPG
    CIMG1331.JPG
    694.7 KB · Views: 7,711
  • CIMG1330.JPG
    CIMG1330.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 20,428
  • A-Farm100.JPG
    A-Farm100.JPG
    596.9 KB · Views: 12,855
   / Deutz Tractors?
Andrew said:
Jon,

What models of Deutz Tractors are you looking at? We are a dealer for New Deutz Tractors & can still get parts for some of the older models. Deutz is now part of the SAME Deutz Fahr Company.

There are quite a few used Deutz air cooled Tractors still being used in our area, and we have heard very good feedback from the customers who are using them. We have not heard from anyone having issues with the air cooled engines or with the Front Wheel Assist axles. The tractors are extremely fuel efficient and the customers regularly comment that they hardly ever have to work on the Tractors (other then general maintenance).

Andrew

One of the tractors is a 6806. I think this is late-70s, ~ 65 HP.

Where are you located?

/ Deutz Tractors? #4  
Parts are not a problem and the line has been very good for us, solid and dependable. Email us if you need parts or advice, we are glad to help.

Buck

/ Deutz Tractors? #5  
   / Deutz Tractors? #7  
I am not sure if my 2 cents is worth anything but I have a Deutz D3006 and use it constantly. As one said earlier it is great on fuel and the power of mine is just what I need. I bought this thing from the original owner and yes it was mad in Germany, and have not had a problem with it.

/ Deutz Tractors? #8  
bulletproof1510 said:
yes it was mad in Germany.

Is it happier in the states then? :D Sorry. I could not pass THAT one up.

Deutz are great, fuel efficient tractors. I would not think twice if the right deal came along.

/ Deutz Tractors? #9  
Haven't seen many Deutz in this area but, the old ones you do see, you see working year after year. I had heard that they were air cooled and also that they were inexpensive to buy and very reliable, but very expensive to buy parts for.

Are the new Deutz-Fahr tractors aircooled or watercooled? The local Farmtrac dealer seems to have a slew of Deutz-Fahr and Goldini tractors on his lot all of a sudden.

/ Deutz Tractors? #10  
The newer ones are now water cooled which is a bummer to the die hards that loved the air cooled.