Deutz Tractors?

/ Deutz Tractors? #112  
Hi.

Update on the 7206A

The drive shaft to the front diff has been removed (and lost!) The only information we could get out of the previous owner was that the: "4 wheel drive had problems as they all did in that model" so they disabled it.

The right hand front hub had only 3 bolts (out of the 25) holding the cover plate on so I thought there may be a problem with this hub reduction gearbox. I removed that cover to find nothing bad that I could identify so I have cleaned it and retapped 22 threaded holes and replaced the cover plate and refilled with oil. I have dropped the front diff oil to find it was cloudy with water contamination but no chunks of metal or anything came out. Now dried out & new oil filled.

I have since found a manual for the gearbox/transmission and this describes a torque test of the front drive. This involves a lever attached to the drive flange and about 2000nm applied to find if it slips. This tests the multi plate clutch used to engage the front drive and some sort of torque limiting device in the "transfer case". I will get the necessary parts together to do this test.

I'd be keen to hear anyone's experience with the Deutz 4 wheel drive system.

Regards,

FarmIseki

Disabled how???

Is the front drive shaft turning?

SR

/ Deutz Tractors? #113  
I had a 6206 and it had a clutch in the front drive line, it was bolted on or close to the transfer case. It would allow the front drive line to slip when you turned on pavement.

The clutch was wore out when I bought the tractor so the front wheels didn't pull much, I shimmed the clutch so it wouldn't slip as much.

SR

/ Deutz Tractors? #114  
I just got deutz D4506 with a loader and 6' bush-hog , it runs good and starts very easy,I don't do much except mow a lot or two for people and so far it's woking find. new to tractor bynet. I go by Jack

/ Deutz Tractors? #115  
I have a D4506 and the book says 1
5w-40 for the motor oil. the book is in the shop so I don't remember the hgy oil.

/ Deutz Tractors? #116  
I would put 15w-40 diesel rated oil in the diesel and GOOD trans hydraulic oil in the transmission/hydraulics.

That's what I've always run in mine...

SR

/ Deutz Tractors? #117  
Sawyer Rob do you know of another hydraulic filter on the D4506 besides the one with 3 nuts triangular shaped. Is there a pre filter screen some where?

/ Deutz Tractors? #118  
There is a basket/screen in the hydraulic system, if I remember right, you access it through the top cover access on the tractor... (under the seat??)

It's been a long time since I cleaned one, and I'm not getting any younger! lol

SR

/ Deutz Tractors? #119  
I have a 6250 that has been mostly trouble free. The air cooled feature makes it tough to start in winter. I have an oil heater for it. Synthetic engine oil helps.

I have a hard time finding service info for it though. Any leads on places to get manuals online at non-absurd prices. ($40 for a 26 page manual? in electronic format?)

/ Deutz Tractors? #120  
I have a 6250 that has been mostly trouble free. The air cooled feature makes it tough to start in winter. I have an oil heater for it. Synthetic engine oil helps.

I have a hard time finding service info for it though. Any leads on places to get manuals online at non-absurd prices. ($40 for a 26 page manual? in electronic format?)

Why would it be harder to start in winter than a liquid cooled engine?