death of regular cab pickups

/ death of regular cab pickups #91  
I really miss my little S10 with the jump seats in the back. That way you could be selective about extra passengers...sorry it's only a 2-seater or, oh yeh there's a seat back there.
Also had S10 LS model great on gas milage,but come winter need darn good snow tires and weight in the rear...always had set tire chains just in case.

/ death of regular cab pickups #92  
I started out with the S10 extended cab/jump seats. Seat was not even big enough for a preteen. Snow wasn''t much problem, 4wd helped. Then moved to a 2007 Tundra double cab with 8ft bed. Both had a fiberglass topper on them. Sold the 2007 when i found a 2018 Tundra with the 8ft bed. Again put on a fiberglass topper. Gets around ok in the winter. Actually I bought my brother's regular cab F350 dually 10ft flat bed work truck when he was done with it(late 80's). I used it for hauling my firewood. Finally I had someone take the flat bed off, extend it to 12ft, and put 2 3500# axles under it. Still have that. But I haul too many 8ft items to get by with less than an 8ft bed. My brother now has a short WB F150 regular cab . He loves it. Jon

/ death of regular cab pickups #93  
From the article" Better steering and features such as backup cameras make driving and parking these trucks easier." Yea right. Have customers that don't know how much room these trucks require to turn. Had one that went to pull out and drove over our huge rock in our yard because didn't know how wide to swing. All the features don't fix idiots that can't drive.

/ death of regular cab pickups #94  
From the article" Better steering and features such as backup cameras make driving and parking these trucks easier." Yea right. Have customers that don't know how much room these trucks require to turn. Had one that went to pull out and drove over our huge rock in our yard because didn't know how wide to swing. All the features don't fix idiots that can't drive.
And yet my wife’s daily driver was a crew cab 3/4 ton with a topper, to get groceries, go to work, bring grandkids places and everywhere else and she never hit anything.

/ death of regular cab pickups #95  
And yet my wife’s daily driver was a crew cab 3/4 ton with a topper, to get groceries, go to work, bring grandkids places and everywhere else and she never hit anything.
I hope you didn’t think I was referring to everybody. Some people shouldn’t drive little cars. Big driveway and drove over this rock
image.jpg

/ death of regular cab pickups #96  
   / death of regular cab pickups #97  
Parking garages are what I hate. They are a real pita for my 2500 crew cab w/8' bed. I manage most pretty well. I did back into a motorcycle once in a parking garage. Just flat out couldn't see it.

Left my contact info and asked the owner to call me as soon as he found the bike. He did and said his bike had been hit twice before while parked and I was "the only SOB to leave contact info".

It wasn't damaged much (hardly bumped it at all but did knock it over) and he actually confessed the prior damage to the adjuster. We paid for everything and he was happy.

/ death of regular cab pickups #98  
i had to order my 2023 F150 regular cab short box. 6 month wait and should be here next week.

in Canada for that configuration the 5 liter V8 is not available nor any of the upgraded interior or exterior packages.

ie: no leather, led lights etc.

short box regular cab has always suited my lifestyle and visual preference.

/ death of regular cab pickups #99  
i had to order my 2023 F150 regular cab short box. 6 month wait and should be here next week.

in Canada for that configuration the 5 liter V8 is not available nor any of the upgraded interior or exterior packages.

ie: no leather, led lights etc.

short box regular cab has always suited my lifestyle and visual preference.
Congrats. Look forward to pics. 😎

/ death of regular cab pickups #100  
I wouldn’t buy a truck without a crew cab, but I do wish I had an 8’ bed instead of a 6’. I’d have to go to a full size and then it wouldn’t fit in my garage. Everything is a compromise. I do love my taco tho.