death of regular cab pickups

/ death of regular cab pickups #1  

big bubba

Elite Member
Tractor
M8540
guess it's all about current market demand: regular cab pickups are a thing of the past with limited availability. couldn't live without my regular long bed Toyota 4x4.

seems today everyone wants to bring their living room with them in a pickup (w/very little payload capacity). i'll stick with my farm work beast that is also very roadworthy. plus don't feel like taking a 2nd mortgage for today's luxury models. each to his own... best regards, bb

Last edited:
   / death of regular cab pickups #2  
Other than fleet trucks, I haven't seen a reg cab F150 around my area in years.

/ death of regular cab pickups #4  
Local Ford dealer had 20-30 regular cab F250/350s on the lot. Does not seem that there is any difficulty getting one here if that's what you want

/ death of regular cab pickups
I need a longer bed area more then I need seating for 4

What I meant to write, I want a longer bed area more than I want seating for 4...
agreed, why i went w/long bed yrs ago when the "extended cabs" were 1st coming out in early 90's. at least there was the option back then. nothing against luxury pu's, but if i were buying new again, would be tough to meet my needs w/what's avail now.

/ death of regular cab pickups #7  
As I got around to replacing my 30 year old extended cab with 8' bed, I realized that i would be hauling more people more often than cargo, so I got the 4 door with 6' bed and bought a 10' dump trailer for the hauling of heavy/long stuff.

/ death of regular cab pickups
makes sense, but you'd be hard pressed in today's market finding something close to what you had. but i know i'm in the minority, glad to have what i do now @ later lifestage

/ death of regular cab pickups #10  
I have a Crew Cab Dually with an 8-foot box. The trouble is at 22 feet long it's getting harder to park and maneuver.

It gets turned away at carwashes and in the last parking spot I backed into both rear tires with sitting on the lines.