CX2510 Grapple?

/ CX2510 Grapple? #1  

LooneyTune

Tractor
Kioti CX2510
I have a Kioti CX2510 and really want to add a grapple. I've been looking at the EA Wicked 55 and the lighter Kioti models but was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the best width. Stability is an issue with this machine at times due to the narrow track width but I think the grapple should be at least as wide as the tread for clearing operations. Any feedback on the Kioti grapples is welcome too as info on them has been scarce. Want something well-built as I tend to use stuff pretty hard and want it to last.

/ CX2510 Grapple? #2  
I've got a KG2060 grapple, that would be the 60 inch Kioti. I've been happy with it thus far, but I think I'd go with the 54 inch model for your tractor.

/ CX2510 Grapple?
I've got a KG2060 grapple, that would be the 60 inch Kioti. I've been happy with it thus far, but I think I'd go with the 54 inch model for your tractor.
Thanks. Was looking at the 54 and 48 inch Kioti models. 😊 Plan on swinging by the dealer today and check on pricing. Still have to add 3rd function hydraulics and haven't made up my mind which route I want to go with that either.

/ CX2510 Grapple? #4  
Thanks. Was looking at the 54 and 48 inch Kioti models. 😊 Plan on swinging by the dealer today and check on pricing. Still have to add 3rd function hydraulics and haven't made up my mind which route I want to go with that either.

I went with W.R. Long over the Kioti kit on my dealers recommendation, and it's been great. I've heard it's a bit of a pain to install on the CX, but if your dealer is doing it... 🤷‍♂️

Whatever grapple you get, you're probably going to be thrilled with it. Just keep it greased; oh, and a proper grille guard is a must!

I use Broken Anvil, but would also recommend 5-Eleven, both manufactures produce quality products. I've got a dent in mine, I don't know where it came from, but I sure would have known had my grille been busted up!

/ CX2510 Grapple?
I went with W.R. Long over the Kioti kit on my dealers recommendation, and it's been great. I've heard it's a bit of a pain to install on the CX, but if your dealer is doing it... 🤷‍♂️

Whatever grapple you get, you're probably going to be thrilled with it. Just keep it greased; oh, and a proper grille guard is a must!

I use Broken Anvil, but would also recommend 5-Eleven, both manufactures produce quality products. I've got a dent in mine, I don't know where it came from, but I sure would have known had my grille been busted up!
Dealer can get the 54" Kioti for $1600 and the Kioti 3rd function is $1000 installed. They also sell a Titan/Iron Craft grapple for $1200. As much as I like the EA design, the price difference is significant. The Kioti 3rd function does have a nice handle . 🤔

Last edited:
   / CX2510 Grapple? #6  
Actually - grapple width will have little to do with tractor stability. It's what you pick up with the grapple and how offset the load will be that will impact stability. I have a VERY HD grapple on my M6040. It's 60" wide. I have my front tires set at 70". It's a dead neutral setting for the ag rims. My rear tires are set at 80". My Rhino rear blade is 96".

I can not think of anything that will be picked up with a grapple and the width of the grapple will be the exact width of the cleared path. I scoop up limbs from fallen pines. These limbs will stick out quite a distance on each side of the grapple.

On any of my Ponderosa pines that die - I cut the trunk into five foot and ten foot sections. Five foot at the base - ten foot as you move up the trunk. As long as I grab the ten foot section somewhere near the center - the load is sufficiently balanced.

The only time I would be concerned about grapple width. Passing thru a gate. But then my rear blade @ 96" is much wider than the grapple. All my gates are 16 foot. Both barbed wire and pannel.
IMG_0011.jpeg

/ CX2510 Grapple? #7  
I went with the WR Long 3rd function over the Kubota unit. My Kubota dealers recommendation. I've had this Land Pride grapple and WR Long 3rd function for ten years now. It is one fantastic implement. Ten years and have never gone back to the bucket on the FEL.

/ CX2510 Grapple?
I checked out the IronCraft (Titan Implements) units my dealer just got in and was not impressed. They apparently sell well due to the price but fit and finish were poor, and the design is not really what I want. I'm leaning hard towards the Kioti 54" since I can get the grapple and third function both for about the price of the EA grapple alone.

/ CX2510 Grapple?
Concerning the width I could get by with a 48" but I like the idea of being a bit wider than the tires if I'm driving into a track I'm clearing out in brush/vines. Probably just over thinking it. 🤔

/ CX2510 Grapple? #10  
I've been using this 60" for 15 years, and every time I feel like I'm abusing the loader with the weight. CK25. Pin on pita. Changing to bolt on bucket grapple, and bolt on teeth.

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_121324993.jpg
    IMG_20200921_121324993.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 45