Cub Cadet Challenger 750

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #81  
Hi Gilles. Yeah, thats the adjustment. You could start off turning each one counter clockwise 2 clicks. If thats not soft enough go 2 more. Its not a problem changing them. Just adjust until you get the ride you want.

Randy

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750
Thanks Randy will try that.

Still a learning experience for me but will get it lol. All windows are in now and ready for the winter. Need to install the plow but too early yet, would like to get a few more rides before the winter hits.
Any news from you dealer on how to silence the inside of the cab. I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the tail pipe under the box. I was looking at maybe extending it or somehow have it pointing down so the noise would not bounce off the bottom of the box and into the cab. Not sure if that would do anything but something to think about.
Anyways thanks man and enjoy your Challenger as I do mine.

Gilles

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #83  
Hey Gilles.
I went by the dealer last saturday but they were closed. From what i was reading about the 2020 750s, they did something about baffling the snorkel that is under the drivers side of the seat. Its the round vent looking cover inside the cab. I covered that with my hand while riding and that is where alot of the noise comes from. They also changed the engine mounts to reduce vibration. There would be noise from that also. They now have heavier duty u-joints and heaver duty clutch. I still want to talk to the dealer though and see if i can get those items and change them. the snorkel and engine mounts anyway.
Have a good one!

Thanks for the updates. Let me know more when you hear from your dealer. Appreciate man
Gilles

Hi Randy, hope you had a great time over the holidays with family and friends. Can you find out where I can buy the items you mentions in your post about silencing the cab noise. I visited cub cadet site and see no parts in their accessory listing.
My MX 750 runs great with no issues yet. Starts good in the cold and plowing with this machine is fun. I really love it and happy that I made such a great purchase.

Gilles

Morning CC owners. Well it has been an interesting Winter for sure. Snow fall was low compared to other years.
I live in Eastern Ontario near the Algonquin Park area and we are lucky if we had 2 1/2 feet of snow this year.
Had fun with my Challenger which is a great plowing machine.
Would love to see more Challenger owners posting here on TBN and keep this thread going.

I keep coming back to keep this CC thread alive lol. Come on guys please post some of your pros and cons on the new Challengers 550/750 series.
So far no issues with my 2018 750 EPS Challenger.
Starts good in the cold
Shifts nice without any thuging or gurgling like I have heard on the older pre 2018 Challengers.
Great comfortable ride over rough terrain.
Fast enouh for me 50 mph or 80 kmh

So let's hear about your experience with the New Challengers

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #88  
I just purchased a leftover 2019 Challenger 750 EPS. Added the rear bumper and rear window as part of the purchase and felt we got a pretty decent deal. I have four friends who all have the same model. I looked at Honda and Polaris and that dealer who was very nice said that I should get the CC machine because of the discounted value and that he always recommends for people to get a machine similar to the people they ride with and that all brands have good points and bad points.

My first impressions are that it is noisier than I expected, but I dont think the unit we demoed had the rear window. It's not intolerable, but I see little point in adding an audio system now. My dealer said to not shift gears on the fly and to ride it in low unless I planned on going 25mph or more. Also said to use premium fuel unless no option was available. I have non ethanol available a few miles away, but it is only standard grade. Not sure anymore which is best. Premium with ethanol or Regular without ethanol?

When I picked up the machine I asked about the rock sliders and the front brush guard. He offered me both for 600$ which I felt was reasonable so I bought those and will do the install myself.

My use is primarily for enjoyment and some trail riding with friends. My county is UTV legal on 40mph roads so I will use it to run around rural areas a bit myself.

I completely forgot that a trailer would be necessary so I kind of had to scramble. I found a little used utility trailer on craigslist and while on the two hour drive to purchase it I figured I should at least confirm the dimensions. I'm glad I did or I would have owned a 60" wide trailer....Stopped by a local trailer dealer and had cash in my hand and he gave me a fair deal on a nice Double C 6.5 x 12' trailer with a folding ramp. So we are now set up to go have some fun. 20200611_133643.jpg

Hey Rustysocket welcome to the CC Challenger family. Your dealer sounds like a nice man tio be upfront with the pross and cons of the Challenger. I drive mine in High all the time other than when I am plowing snow or pulling stuff then I use the low. The Challenger will do 50 mph no problem. You will notice that when you hit 50mph or more the machine will bog down which is normal that is the governor setting for protecting your engine. I do use high octane gas in mine as recommended by the manufacturer and dealer. I also use Synthetic oil for better lubrication and easy starting the cold Winter months.
I do agree that the machine is noisy especially with the back and side windows on.I take mine off for the Summer which quiets it down a lot.
I am happy with mine for the price and standard equipment it beat all the other competitors that I looked at.
Congrats again and enjoy your Challenger. I installed windshield vents for during the Winter or Summer for better ventilation without removing windshield and they work great.
6' snow blade with electric hydraulic angler which works great for plowing snow. This machine is very powerful for snow removal and with the help of the front and rear differential lock gives you all the traction you need for for pushing snow without chains..
Gilles
DSCF2114.JPG windshield vents.JPGnew plow with hydro turn.JPG

Last edited:
Hi all you Challenger lovers. My first issue with my Challenger MX 750 EPS.
I had complained a bit in the past about it being kind of loud with all the windows in. I started to take the side windows out and it was still loud so I took the windshield and it got louder and I am thinking what the heck is going here it should get silent not louder. Anyways I thought well take the back window and it really got loud. So definatly something wrong so I raised the back dump box to see where the heck the noise was coming from and I noticed while the motor still running that the noise was coming from where the exhaust connect to the motor was wide open. I notice that all the springs ( 3 ) where missing. Trying to figure out why the spring are all gone and what cause it.
Does anyone here ever had that happened to you before and what the cause was. Appreciate any input.
Gilles