Cub Cadet Challenger 750

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #111  
Great to find this forum. I have a 2017 Challenger 750. Only has about 200 miles on it. I use it basically on my property. No trail riding yet. I like it and was glad it came road ready for my state. My initial concerns was the loudness and also the seat belts were very short (I am tall and big guy). I lost weight and solved the seat belt problem and not the loudness issue yet.
I have solved the gas fillup issue with can by carry a 2 feet piece of 1 1/4 PVC piece that inserts nicely into the tank and sticks out far enough to use the can. I then throw it pipe in the bed until it drives then store it in the back of the passenger seat after that.
Obviously the windshield is an issue. I have had a few screws fall out on the tailgate. The seat also cracked on the driverside and start peeling away within 6 months. I did get CubCadet to replace the seat and they let me keep the old one.
I have purchased a plow but haven't gotten to use it. I also have a power spreader for salt that attached in the rear receiver. So, I can plow and salt at the same time. I control the spreader from a power panel I added at the passenger dash that has cigeretter lighter and usb ports. I just flip the switch on and off to use it.
Overall, I like the cub. I just wish it was quieter.
Has anyone tried putting a very light window tint on the windshield to avoid the scratches? I have a new windshield but I have not put it in yet.
Is the windshield hardcoated? For me anyways it was worth spending the extra and getting hardcoated polycarbonate one.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #112  
DK did you get a custom built glass windshield for your side by side cause they only come in polly. Would it not be unsafe to have glass for in the trails etc. Just wondering if a plexiglass would do the trick they are flexible , won't scratch or shatter if hit. Can you download a pic of your windshield.
Gilles
Don't know how I missed this post.
I have a Ryfab glass windshield (with windshield wiper) on my side by side (Polaris RZR 900s)
I don't what's is available aftermarket for Cub Cadet challengers, but there are several aftermarket company's that make glass windshields for my make/model
Polly windshields suck, they scratch way to easy.

Attachments

• HPIM1603.JPG
    HPIM1603.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 145

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #113  
Don't know how I missed this post.
I have a Ryfab glass windshield (with windshield wiper) on my side by side (Polaris RZR 900s)
I don't what's is available aftermarket for Cub Cadet challengers, but there are several aftermarket company's that make glass windshields for my make/model
Polly windshields suck, they scratch way to easy.

Attachments

• HPIM1603.JPG
    HPIM1603.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 145
Unfamiliar with glass windshield's for sxs's Question on glass windshields can you get them with vents or flip up or down glass? Windshield wipers are handy I use the manual hand crank wiper haven't had much additional scratching from them. I clean the windshield with microfiber cloth using polycarbonate cleaner which works pretty good. A big reason why i went with hard coated polycarbonate is the ability to easily open the windshield and continue driving allowing more airflow when its hot out (my climate control system).

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #114  
Unfamiliar with glass windshield's for sxs's Question on glass windshields can you get them with vents or flip up or down glass? Windshield wipers are handy I use the manual hand crank wiper haven't had much additional scratching from them. I clean the windshield with microfiber cloth using polycarbonate cleaner which works pretty good. A big reason why i went with hard coated polycarbonate is the ability to easily open the windshield and continue driving allowing more airflow when its hot out (my climate control system).
Yes, my glass windshield has lower vents, and it can be folded down

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750
Hi all Challenger lovers.
Well my machine is now 4 years old and have had no issues with it so far. Very happy with the machine as I was leery about getting a Cub Cadet Challenger when I first was looking around the big brand names who's prices where out of this world. After seeing the new looks of the newly designed Challenger I fell in love with it as it came loaded with features that are optional on other brands. The price was also a great factor in my decision. All I can say it was a very good decision to buy this machine. It has performed very well at no matter how I use it for. Snow plowing is a breeze with the differential locks no need for chains. Other than the noisy cab when enclosed which is minor and the windshield scratches I just love it..

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750
Hi again, well I am thinking about selling my 2018 Challenger 750 EPS. Very happy with it but do not have the time for it anymore due to health reasons. I only use it for plowing light snow as I have a front mounted snowblower on my tractor.

The Challenger comes with everything from factory
I have also added
5 ' hydraulic angle blade
2 top doors
Rear window
Windshield vents
This machine has 1500 Km on it and is in great shape, never abused and stored inside.
If anyone interested in Ontario you can e-mail me at
gpoulin@xplornet.ca
only serious inquires only please.