Cub Cadet Challenger 750

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750
   / Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #102  
I hate the front windshield cause no matter how I clean it with micro sheets etc it still scratches which makes it a living **** while driving in the sun. So I take mine out now.
Gilles
That is why I won't put a Polly windshield on a UTV. They scratch so dam easy. (glass only)
Been running a glass windshield on my side by side (with wipers and washers) for several years. So much better and no scratch's.

That is why I won't put a Polly windshield on a UTV. They scratch so dam easy. (glass only)
Been running a glass windshield on my side by side (with wipers and washers) for several years. So much better and no scratch's.

DK did you get a custom built glass windshield for your side by side cause they only come in polly. Would it not be unsafe to have glass for in the trails etc. Just wondering if a plexiglass would do the trick they are flexible , won't scratch or shatter if hit. Can you download a pic of your windshield.
Gilles

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #104  
Thanks for the update how the muffler came off. I did not think the springs just failed. I had wrongly guessed the engine moved, rocked in rubber mounts, or a mount broke.

Can you post pictures of the damaged parts?

Thanks for the update how the muffler came off. I did not think the springs just failed. I had wrongly guessed the engine moved, rocked in rubber mounts, or a mount broke.

Can you post pictures of the damaged parts?

At the moment they are at the repair shop and will ask for them and then post pictures.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #106  
Well we are up to 8.5 hrs. on the machine and already noticed some scratches on the front windshield. :thumbdown: We are not running in wooded or brushy areas but mostly open fields. :confused3: On my computer here I have a anti glare screen protector (20" x 11"). The Challenger 550 windshield measures 40" x 18" open area between holding buttons. :cool: I have no idea if this would work. I might clean the windshield and experiment to see if a screen protector would cling to the windshield like it does my computer and cell phone. :2cents:

Well we are up to 8.5 hrs. on the machine and already noticed some scratches on the front windshield. :thumbdown: We are not running in wooded or brushy areas but mostly open fields. :confused3: On my computer here I have a anti glare screen protector (20" x 11"). The Challenger 550 windshield measures 40" x 18" open area between holding buttons. :cool: I have no idea if this would work. I might clean the windshield and experiment to see if a screen protector would cling to the windshield like it does my computer and cell phone. :2cents:
Try it and see what happens. This makes me mad cause we pay a lot of money for those cheap windshields. They advertise as scratch resistant so I figure they should give us back our money cause they are far from it.
Gilles

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #108  
We have reached the 50 hour mark on our Challenger 550. Bought a 68mm x 14 flange oil filter cup that fits perfectly. Youtube showed some nightmare procedures for getting the factory installed oil filter off. I think this filter cup will alleviate that headache. A firm pressure on the brake pedal seems to stop the surge before transmission engages when shifting into reverse. Or the warming of weather is helping I'm not sure? Also Have a long necked flexible plastic funnel that I slip behind the cargo bay handle into the gas tank and makes fueling much easier.

Still glad we bought it and a joy to get around the property.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #109  
Hey guys, what a relief to finally come across a forum with other challenger owners. I bought a used 2018 Challenger 750 from a guy a couple hours from where I live a little over a year ago. Normally I’m not a guy that likes buying these kind of machines used but the price was right and it had a little over 1200 miles. When I test drove it before the purchase, he told me he had just had the machine serviced but lost the receipt. Should’ve known he was filling me with BS, but he told me where he got it serviced when I asked so I could call for a copy of the maintenance that was done. Figured he wouldn’t lie just in case I called them in front of him. I checked all fluids (all looked good) and took it for a spin. Ran great, just a little loud with the full windows and windshield but I figured that was normal with the full hard cab on their machines. I happily purchased the machine and hauled it home a happy guy. On the way home I decided to call the place he claimed to have had it serviced and was told they couldn’t find his name on file but their shop manager would call me Monday morning. Monday morning came and he basically said he has nothing on file but sometimes shop guys do maintenance for friends/family outside of work hours so if that was the case there wouldn’t be a service write up, just a receipt for the fluids and filters. Decided to just give it a fresh service before I drove it myself and call it fine.

2 months and 700 miles of slow gravel road/groomed trail riding later, the muffler cracked. No big deal my father in law has been a mechanic his whole life and welded it back stronger than it was before. Parked it for the winter, gave it a fresh maintenance and fluid service in the spring so I could start the summer fresh. 300 miles later I’m in a 15+ machine trail ride with a bunch of family and friends and without any warning there was a major grinding noise and a pop that left me broke down. Get out and there’s shrapnel and oil pouring out the bottom due to a thrown rod right out of the back of the block. Absolutely devastating 15 mile tow home but after a couple hours I realized even if I had to purchase a brand new motor and labor for install, I only have 2/3 the price of a brand new machine into it. After talking with a few cub cadet service guys, they say the only way this could’ve happened is if it was ran low on oil and normally they don’t see many major isssues with these engines outside of operator neglect.

Only problem I’m having is finding where to buy these 735 cc hisun engines or what other options I could potentially go with that would be a compatible fit in this machine. Any recommendations or knowledge on what my options are? Im not really interested in buying one used. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long lead up to this question, but would highly recommend avoiding too good to be true prices on used UTVs, even if it’s a 1000 mile machine. For all I know the guy had no idea this was a ticking time bomb and truly was just desperate to get rid of the machine ASAP for his divorce settlement. Thanks everyone for the awesome forum with your experiences

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #110  
Great to find this forum. I have a 2017 Challenger 750. Only has about 200 miles on it. I use it basically on my property. No trail riding yet. I like it and was glad it came road ready for my state. My initial concerns was the loudness and also the seat belts were very short (I am tall and big guy). I lost weight and solved the seat belt problem and not the loudness issue yet.
I have solved the gas fillup issue with can by carry a 2 feet piece of 1 1/4 PVC piece that inserts nicely into the tank and sticks out far enough to use the can. I then throw it pipe in the bed until it drives then store it in the back of the passenger seat after that.
Obviously the windshield is an issue. I have had a few screws fall out on the tailgate. The seat also cracked on the driverside and start peeling away within 6 months. I did get CubCadet to replace the seat and they let me keep the old one.
I have purchased a plow but haven't gotten to use it. I also have a power spreader for salt that attached in the rear receiver. So, I can plow and salt at the same time. I control the spreader from a power panel I added at the passenger dash that has cigeretter lighter and usb ports. I just flip the switch on and off to use it.
Overall, I like the cub. I just wish it was quieter.
Has anyone tried putting a very light window tint on the windshield to avoid the scratches? I have a new windshield but I have not put it in yet.