Cub Cadet Challenger 750

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #91  
Maybe heat from the exhaust took the "spring" out of the springs?
Does the exhaust move with the engine? (I assume the engine is rubber mounted and can "rock") Maybe that pulled the exhaust apart? There must have been a reason the engineer choose to use springs.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750
Hi guys I still can't get answers from the dealer on why the springs pop off like that. They basically say it happens. After inspecting the muffler all the fasteners that house the springs to the motor are gone. As for the motor no sure if it is rubber mounted but I doubt it cause when I do tug on it it does not move much but the muffler does. Anyways it is on it's way to get repaired and then I will hopefully get answers to what cause it. I do not trail much with it or other off road stunts lol . I use the machine for snow plowing and playing around the property with it. So this is why it puzzles me that this happened.
Anyways thanks for your feed back and will let you know what my mechanic tells me.
Gilles

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #93  
Have had our CC Challenger 550 for about 2 weeks now. It is our first atv/utv ever. :D We also ordered the rear window which has not arrived yet. Everything in the cab is dusty now with the dry weather we are having, so very glad we got the rear window accessory.

I have to agree it is noisy but I wear ear muffs when driving it. :) We have been using fresh 93 octane fuel, the engine starts and idles nicely. The gear shift can be very stiff at times but seems to be getting a bit easier. We had problems with the reverse gear as it did not seem to engage well so when backing up it clunked into position and then was okay. We now put it in reverse, let go of the button and then pull down on the handle to make sure it is engaged and all seems to work smoothly that way. :thumbsup:

Getting out of park is hard we must first push up then press button and put into gear. Just wondering if that is what others are experiencing. With only 6 hours on our first machine we are happy with our purchase.

Fueling seems a bit difficult from a gas can. I tilt the cargo bed back for better access but still can't tip the can back enough to get all the fuel in. Any body have any fueling tips? :confused:

Have had our CC Challenger 550 for about 2 weeks now. It is our first atv/utv ever. :D We also ordered the rear window which has not arrived yet. Everything in the cab is dusty now with the dry weather we are having, so very glad we got the rear window accessory.

I have to agree it is noisy but I wear ear muffs when driving it. :) We have been using fresh 93 octane fuel, the engine starts and idles nicely. The gear shift can be very stiff at times but seems to be getting a bit easier. We had problems with the reverse gear as it did not seem to engage well so when backing up it clunked into position and then was okay. We now put it in reverse, let go of the button and then pull down on the handle to make sure it is engaged and all seems to work smoothly that way. :thumbsup:

Getting out of park is hard we must first push up then press button and put into gear. Just wondering if that is what others are experiencing. With only 6 hours on our first machine we are happy with our purchase.

Fueling seems a bit difficult from a gas can. I tilt the cargo bed back for better access but still can't tip the can back enough to get all the fuel in. Any body have any fueling tips? :confused:

Congratulation on your Challenger purchase you will not regret it great machine. I have had mine 2 years now with just the above issue with the exhaust springs popping off so keep an eye on that. One thing you have to remember is to push hard on the brake pedal to shift from park to drive etc. As for fueling issues I like it better to fill at the pumps not out of a cherry can which is a pain especially those new ones they take forever to fill your machine with. When I do use a can I pop upon the rear box which makes it a little easier to hold the can when pouring.
Give the machine more time to break in and everything will work better.
Good luck and have fun
Gilles

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #95  
How about a picture of the springs/exhaust?

Sorry, the machine is gone for repairs and never thought of taking pictures of the damage.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #98  
Our rear window arrived. We installed it ourselves and it was a bit of a chore, nice tight fit. That's good as there is no rattle at all. We loosened two screws on roof that gave us just a little more room at the top and still the bottom holders were hard to get in. And then the four twist knobs fit well with slight adjustments. Still only have 7.5 hours on the machine so will see how well the dust stays out of the cab and off us. ;)

One thing we have noticed. The first start of the day the engine will idle for a moment and then stall out. Second start we rev the engine a little to keep it going and then all will work just fine the rest of the day. Makes me wonder about winter start ups? The gauge shows it idling about 1400-1500 rpm's. Before start up we do turn the key on to cycle the gauges as we were told that injects fuel into the engine before turning the key to start. :) Also the check engine light stays on at start up for a few seconds after every start up before going out. Just wondering if that is normal? :anyone:

muskieken Thanks for the fueling advice. :cool:

Hi DB, glad to hear you got your rear window in. Yes it is a bit of a struggle to install as I always have 2 other person help install it without taking any roof screws out but something to think about. I took my windshield out so it is less noisier in the cab.
As for starting and stalling it does happen but not too often. The machine starts really good in the winter because their is no chocking involved because of the EFI. The engine light does come on for a few seconds or until I rev it up a bit and disappears, now if it stayed on then I would worry about it.
I hate the front windshield cause no matter how I clean it with micro sheets etc it still scratches which makes it a living **** while driving in the sun. So I take mine out now.
Enjoy the machine
Gilles

Hi all just got a report on my Challenger's muffler issue. The mechanic says it was a rear impact that pushed the muffler forward and damaged the manifold which explains the spring popping off etc. So the parts required to fix are, muffler,manifold, springs, gasket,oxygen sensor.
What puzzles me is that I do remember running over something on the trail that popped up through the floor on the passenger side which the damage was minor. So I figure whatever it was I ran over must of whip lashed from behind and ramming into the rear of the exhaust causing the damage.This is the only explanation that I can think as I don't remember backing up into anything suggested by my mechanic..
Anyways this is going to cost me with parts and labor around 1,700.00 CAD.
Well that is all folks
Gilles