Cub Cadet Challenger 750

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #71  
Have you had it on any high speed runs? Curious if you have found the top speed? I've seen one advertised locally at a really good price.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750
Have you had it on any high speed runs? Curious if you have found the top speed? I've seen one advertised locally at a really good price.

Yes I have many times. The book says top speed 80 kmh ( 50 mph) I had it up to 83 kmh and I guess the governor kicks in and it start to bog down lol. that is just for protection I guess so can't go any faster. Believe me that is fast enough on the road I ususally go about 25 mph in the straight trails. Very nice machine to own if you decide to you won't be sorry. Be sure it is a 2017 MX series like pictured below

At dealership2.jpg

At dealership.jpg

Last edited:
This is a pic of the older 500/700 series before the re-designed 550/750 MX. Lots of confusion over these models.

2015_CubCadet_Challenger_700.jpg

Here are 2 better pics of the difference between the older and newest side by side

37AW7CKD710_product_detail_large.png 37AY7CKK710_product_detail_large.png

Hi all challenger lovers. Well I still have no issues with my CC. I have been out on the trails just about everyday and love this machine. Performance and comfort are the best that I have experienced to date. I need to figure a way to soften the suspension a bit as it is set for 2 people and a load in the box. There is 4 shocks with adjustments and cannot figure out how to adjust them. Anyone here have any ideas would appreciate your inputs.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #76  
Hi K Man. I have a 2017 challenger 750 also. Ive also had some trouble with it dying at an idle from time to time (as someone on this thread had stated). I took mine to a dealer a few weeks after I bought it. They told me they couldnt find a problem. They said at some point there would probably be an ecm update so i figure it will eventually get taken care of. Its not constant tho. More random than anything. I found a good deal on ebay for a factory power steering kit. I paid less than $300.00 US with shipping. He listed it with the kit part number and a lot of pics. I double checked with Cubs sight and it is correct. It was a bit of a pain to install but it works great. I also got the heater kit off ebay from someone at about half price of a dealer. Now Ill be plenty warm this winter when Im plowing snow off my drive way! Over all im pretty happy with it. I talked to the dealer a few weeks ago. I saw the 2020s have some redesign. Different seat material. I had two seat bottoms crack along the edge. They just replaced it again with the new design free of charge! They also made changes to quiet down the interior noise, which I agree is pretty loud. The dealer told me they were going to a yearly product convention and could tell me what i could retrofit when they return. You may have already figured your shock adjustment out by now. Its pretty easy. theres slotted screws on them you can turn to adjust. Your manual should explain what to do.

Hi K Man. I have a 2017 challenger 750 also. Ive also had some trouble with it dying at an idle from time to time (as someone on this thread had stated). I took mine to a dealer a few weeks after I bought it. They told me they couldnt find a problem. They said at some point there would probably be an ecm update so i figure it will eventually get taken care of. Its not constant tho. More random than anything. I found a good deal on ebay for a factory power steering kit. I paid less than $300.00 US with shipping. He listed it with the kit part number and a lot of pics. I double checked with Cubs sight and it is correct. It was a bit of a pain to install but it works great. I also got the heater kit off ebay from someone at about half price of a dealer. Now Ill be plenty warm this winter when Im plowing snow off my drive way! Over all im pretty happy with it. I talked to the dealer a few weeks ago. I saw the 2020s have some redesign. Different seat material. I had two seat bottoms crack along the edge. They just replaced it again with the new design free of charge! They also made changes to quiet down the interior noise, which I agree is pretty loud. The dealer told me they were going to a yearly product convention and could tell me what i could retrofit when they return. You may have already figured your shock adjustment out by now. Its pretty easy. theres slotted screws on them you can turn to adjust. Your manual should explain what to do.

Hi Randog glad to hear that you love your machine. I was a little skeptical at first at buying a cub cadet cause many people were telling me to keep away from them as they have the worst warranty in the business. They were talking more about the MTD made cadets. So far still no issues with my 750. I agree also EPS is great to have mine came on the machine.
What heater kit did you get? How did the dealer quiet down the interior noise? I will be installing my back and door windows soon and I know it will be awful noisy inside the cab. Will have to wear ear protection lol. Let me know what your dealer has to say about retrofitting as I am always looking for ways to improve my machine.
I still have not adjusted the suspension yet even after reading in the manual about I am just confused with the terms they use.

Thanks for posting cause we need to hear more about our machines from other riders and their experiences.
Gilles

Hi,
all you new Challenger 550/750 MX have any issues with installing the rear window on your machines. I find very I to do alone. I can get one bottom corner into the slot but having a hard time on the other corner. Just wondering am I doing something wrong or not.
This is how I do it.
1- I sit the window on front of the dump box.
2- I lift the window under the cub cadet roof just above the roll bar.
3- then try to lift the window into the slotted bracket but for some reason it needs a lot of tugging etc to get it in there then the real problem is trying to get into the side slot with a lot cursing and yanking etc etc.
I am sure there is an easier way of doing this lol
Thanks hoping to get some feed back

Gilles

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #79  
Hi Gilles,
sorry im just now checking this thread again. I havnt done much about the cab noise yet. Im going to talk to the dealer in the near future to see what they found out about the changes cub made and see if I can make the changes on my machine. On your shocks, at the top of each youll see the slotted screw adjuster. Its at the top of the canister on the shock. Thats the one I adjusted to soften the ride. As you turn the screw it will slightly click in each position. The book says there are 18 positions total. I turned each shocks adjuster 5 clicks (turning counter clockwise or to the left)from the factory setting. That softened the ride quite a bit. I did not adjust the one at the bottom of the shocks. The heater I bought was the factory kit but I found one unopened on ebay. The seller had sold his 750 and he had the heater kit left over (never installed). I ended up getting it at half price compared to a dealer or cubs sight. Im sure you have your back window in by now but you just have to fight it to get it in. I had to on mine also.

Randy

Hi Randy thanks for replying of what I can see in the manual it shows
Damper adjustments which I presume is to soften or harden the ride.
Front 7 so if I go back to say 5
Rear 4 -------------------- 2
This mean I would get a better softer ride or not or should turn them all the way to 0? Never had a ATV with shock adjustments so this all new to me and confusing at my old age lol. I ride alone most of the time so the ride is kind of stiff.

As for the window it is still not installed so I will wait for another person to help cause I think installing both sides at the same time would be the way to go.

Anyways thanks man for the help

Gilles