Comparison CT 235 or 335

/ CT 235 or 335 #1  

kwikinvest

Help!
Looking to buy our first tractor. Due to free FEL deal on bobcat I'm leaning towards them. Have sat on both a 235 and a 335 and felt much more comfortable on the 335. It was much easier to get on and off of it, foot pedal to adj. tilt steering vs. reaching way down and under for a lever on the 235. Also whole colunm tilts instead of just wheel so it felt like a much better position for driving. Also liked brakes on left side vs right. I don't know if you really ever use one wheel lock to turn sharper but if you did it would be hard to hit gas and brake with same foot! Also liked higher ground clearance. I'm sure both tractors will handle any work I want to do with them so am I just caught up in the bigger is better thinking? Price wise, the 335 runs about $2k more than 235. Since we have 30 acres of woods and will be using it to cut trails thru them the smaller size of the 235 may be a plus. Your opinions please!

/ CT 235 or 335 #2  
I went through the same thing and ended up with the 335 for similar reasons. The cost diff was not as much though. When I put a tape to the actual tractors themselves and ignored the specs the size diff was not as much. With R4 tires the width on both was 62 inches. The extra weight is good in the woods. Did not like the rocker pedal. Can't remember if the 235 has the 3 point movement from the back of the tractor but I love it on my 335. Check out these threads as the kioti and bobcats are the same tractor

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...26267-difference-between-ck35-dk35-kioti.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/122004-dk-ck.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/154888-thinking-dk35se-over-ck35-am.html

note that there is also a 250 off coupon floating around. Mine is tentativily spoken for but if he backs out I will let you know

Tornado

/ CT 235 or 335 #3  
as a 60+ year old geezer, I can only say my 235 works very well for me.No more farming to do,just driveway mnt.,and snow blowing,I have more than enough power.You have to decide for your self what works for you.If I remember right the 335 was only a few more hp and about 600 pounds more wieght.You just have to look at what you need to do.I opted for the 235 because of loader cap. etc and the fact that only a few more ponies had to move another600+ pounds and loader cap. was nearly the same.You now that the seat is adj. don,t you?

/ CT 235 or 335
Well a dealer ordered a ct335 for me today. With the FEL with bob-tach, and general purpose tires, total came to $17675.00. Another dealer hade one in stock but wanted $1,000.00 more and wouldn't budge even after seeing other price quote. Hope I don't have to wait too long......:drool:
Frosting on the cake is the $250.00 coupon Steve (ss4010) is sending me!!!
WOOHOO!!!

/ CT 235 or 335 #5  
I bought the 335 for 14,200 after rebates and all that jazz last year and I must say if there is less than a significant difference, I would go with the 335. Bigger is usually better and with 30 acres, I cant imagine anything being too small. Actually I wish I would have gone with the 440 because it is much better for so little a price difference. All said and done, I have never heard someone say " I wish I would have gone smaller!"

/ CT 235 or 335 #6  
I bought the 335 for 14,200 after rebates and all that jazz last year and I must say if there is less than a significant difference, I would go with the 335. Bigger is usually better and with 30 acres, I cant imagine anything being too small. Actually I wish I would have gone with the 440 because it is much better for so little a price difference. All said and done, I have never heard someone say " I wish I would have gone smaller!"

I wish I had gone smaller. Hate to bust that record. I bought a Kubota L3010 back in 2001. I believe if I had purchased the B2710/B2910 I would have been satisfied. Instead I had to sell it to get something smaller. I have about 12 acres I mow and a steep drive I take care of and general yard work. Plus now I have a trailer park 2 hours from home so I have to transport the tractor there. I bought the CT225 and so far I am disappointed in the power. If you need small, go small but get the HP. You can get too big a tractor but you cannot get too much HP. I hope to keep this Bobcat long enough for prices to level and to be able to sell it and go back and buy a good used B7800 or B2710 for what I sell for.

/ CT 235 or 335 #7  
This question is still bugging me. The difference in specs on the CT235 vs CT335 don't really sell it, but sitting on them and driving them, the CT335 really feels like a lot more tractor. The price differential is pretty substantial, $2.6K from the local dealer, but it's tempting to bump up in size and creature features.

What's the deal with the 9" of rated clearance on the CT235 though? It doesn't look right, and the CK35 is closer to 14". CT335 is rated at 14" (or so, too lazy to look it up right now).

/ CT 235 or 335 #8  
From the research I've done I believe the 335 is just a "beefed" up 235. Yes - I know its a larger frame and has a larger engine but its nothing huge. Again, you have a larger frame, more room for the operator. You have a couple added perks (rear 3-point lever,etc.) but the loader lift strength isn't anything huge. If you wanna take the next Big Step up go to a 445 (or Kioti DK45).

So overall I see the 335 as a 235 on steroids. For the right price, **** yeah I'll take the little extra perks and the extra weight. Otherwise I would go right for the 445 if I needed such a large machine. I'm hoping to have a CT235 or Kioti CK35 in the next couple weeks. May be best dealer win ;)

/ CT 235 or 335 #9  
From the research I've done I believe the 335 is just a "beefed" up 235. Yes - I know its a larger frame and has a larger engine but its nothing huge. Again, you have a larger frame, more room for the operator. You have a couple added perks (rear 3-point lever,etc.) but the loader lift strength isn't anything huge. If you wanna take the next Big Step up go to a 445 (or Kioti DK45).

So overall I see the 335 as a 235 on steroids. For the right price, **** yeah I'll take the little extra perks and the extra weight. Otherwise I would go right for the 445 if I needed such a large machine. I'm hoping to have a CT235 or Kioti CK35 in the next couple weeks. May be best dealer win ;)

Good luck with the dealer showdown! I found a closer Kioti dealer and threw them a note late last night, might be doing the same on this end as well.

I'm 98% positive I'll end up with the 235, just don't want to have buyer's remorse. :)

/ CT 235 or 335 #10  
I just bought the CT335, I had a smaller framed Mahindra (2615) and to be honest I think I made the right choice going with the 335. Its a much better ride, and just feels more stable. It has a ton of power and I am sure it would run circles around my old Mahindra. I assume that the 235 would be the same size tractor as the 2615 mahindra, just more hp. I say go with the 335, it is a great machine.