Couldnt' find the music thread #2

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #31  
It happens. Look at Big Band Music. That once dominated the American music scene but is about as dead as can be these days. Music is trendy, and trends change. So goodbye Rock and Roll and hello Rap. (which I personally hope is a very short trend!)
It's been around for at least 40 years, so I doubt that it will be going away soon. Blondie was purported to be the first to meld rap into a new wave song... way back in 1981.

Then again, rock had been dead since 1971...
But it won't lie down. Rain – Rock Is Dead (But It Won't Lie Down) (1975, Vinyl) :D

Last edited:
   / Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #32  
It's been around for at least 40 years, so I doubt that it will be going away soon. Blondie was purported to be the first to meld rap into a new wave song... way back in 1981.

Then again, rock had been dead since 1971...
But it won't lie down. Rain – Rock Is Dead (But It Won't Lie Down) (1975, Vinyl) :D
A long time ago, my mom pulled me aside and told me her father had just passed away. I was very close with him, and was very upset. I got in my 70 Nova and took off down the road to go for a drive to clear my head. The first song that came on the radio was Blondie's Die Young Stay Pretty. Made me cry, then laugh, as my grandpa was a jokester. I still miss him. Woot.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #33  
i've been watching a bunch of documentaries on my free tubi channel....at nite, mostly cause they are free. i can't watch tv during the day, puts me to sleep.

This week i got on a classical music binge and watched docs on Beethoven, Mozart, and Hayden.

I'm not a big fan of classical music just because i don't have the time to sit and listen but.....

Something tells me that real "talent" will transcend generations. So will a catchy melody.

It's hard not to be moved when you hear Ode to Joy. This version is very cool. Reminds me that everyone is not getting soft and everyone is not a slacker and everyone is not a POS.......etc etc

i just rewatched it. it really gets to me. Just look at the faces in the crowd.

Last edited:
   / Couldnt' find the music thread #2
Don't forget the showmanship aspect. It can make all the difference...Elvis was a combination of a great showman and a great talent...as was Liberace...one reason why a live concert is so much better (or should be) than simply listening to a recording.

Last edited:
   / Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #37  
i've been watching a bunch of documentaries on my free tubi channel....at nite, mostly cause they are free. i can't watch tv during the day, puts me to sleep.

This week i got on a classical music binge and watched docs on Beethoven, Mozart, and Hayden.

I'm not a big fan of classical music just because i don't have the time to sit and listen but.....

Something tells me that real "talent" will transcend generations. So will a catchy melody.
Try Vivaldi's Four Seasons and Bach's Brandenbergs.

Also, your point on transcending is what got me started on symphonic rock groups like Nightwish, Kamelot, Ayreon and Trans Siberian Orchestra (and the earlier incarnation known as Savatage).

The energy and drive on Dark Passion Play by Nightwish WILL get your attention.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #38  
Try Vivaldi's Four Seasons and Bach's Brandenbergs.

Also, your point on transcending is what got me started on symphonic rock groups like Nightwish, Kamelot, Ayreon and Trans Siberian Orchestra (and the earlier incarnation known as Savatage).

The energy and drive on Dark Passion Play by Nightwish WILL get your attention.
used 4 seasons as wedding music

it didn't work

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #39  
You're forgetting about the talent to entertain. Knowing how to work an audience is a talent unto itself. Once you achieve that first, then you may become popular.

Actually what you describe is something that can be learned and polished over time, no real God given talent required (generally, the more you do something the better you get at it)...a certain satellite radio personality comes to mind...

In the same respect some artists/entertainers are naturals...they have charisma and are generally multi-talented...Sammy Davis Jr. comes to mind...but they don't make them like they used to...

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #40  
Actually what you describe is something that can be learned and polished over time, no real God given talent required (generally, the more you do something the better you get at it)...a certain satellite radio personality comes to mind...

In the same respect some artists/entertainers are naturals...they have charisma and are generally multi-talented...Sammy Davis Jr. comes to mind...but they don't make them like they used to...
What are you trying to say there?

No god given talent required to entertain because you can learn it but only people like Sammy DJ are talented?