Couldnt' find the music thread #2

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #11  
It happens. Look at Big Band Music. That once dominated the American music scene but is about as dead as can be these days. Music is trendy, and trends change. So goodbye Rock and Roll and hello Rap. (which I personally hope is a very short trend!)
Actually several years ago big band music made a comeback and has held a new following...

There is a distinct line between music and noise and IMO "rap" is not on the music side of that line and is well back of of it...

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #13  
Actually several years ago big band music made a comeback and has held a new following...

There is a distinct line between music and noise and IMO "rap" is not on the music side of that line and is well back of of it...
I love big band, always have since I was a kid. I have the 40's channel on my sirius presets.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #14  

They said the same thing about ragtime, and the same thing about jazz, and the same thing about rock and roll.

Music is so subjective, it’s like asking what’s the best color?

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #15  
They said the same thing about ragtime, and the same thing about jazz, and the same thing about rock and roll.

It's all about talent...generally the more musical talent the better the music regardless of the genre...
popularity does not define quality...

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #17  

i thought it was pink...i see a lot of pink

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #19  
It's all about talent...generally the more musical talent the better the music regardless of the genre...
popularity does not define quality...

Naw, IMHO you’re just substituting words: “talent” for “best”. What makes them talented? I argue that it’s subjective. Often, it’s the simplest music that is the best.
I’ve heard a lot of guitar players and singers, etc.. who are amazingly talented, but (IMHO) their music is still crap. Mostly because they just don’t have the right feel. That certain vibe, soul, or as the French say “ je ne sais quoi”.
Sometimes it’s just raw talent. I’ve probably seen thousands of concerts. Sometimes it’s the crowd that makes a performance good. Other times, I’ve thought “this is bad, but then listen to the recording of the exact show I witnessed and thought “they were really good!” (Or vise-versa). It’s really hard to put a finger on what makes YOUR experience good or bad, there’s no formula, and as I argue: totally subjective.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #20  
Naw, IMHO you’re just substituting words: “talent” for “best”. What makes them talented? I argue that it’s subjective. Often, it’s the simplest music that is the best.
I’ve heard a lot of guitar players and singers, etc.. who are amazingly talented, but (IMHO) their music is still crap. Mostly because they just don’t have the right feel. That certain vibe, soul, or as the French say “ je ne sais quoi”.
Sometimes it’s just raw talent. I’ve probably seen thousands of concerts. Sometimes it’s the crowd that makes a performance good. Other times, I’ve thought “this is bad, but then listen to the recording of the exact show I witnessed and thought “they were really good!” (Or vise-versa). It’s really hard to put a finger on what makes YOUR experience good or bad, there’s no formula, and as I argue: totally subjective.
Again...it's talent...musicians, song writers, composers etc., etc...they either have it or they don't and it is always evident....
Your comments remind me of "milli vanilli"...LoL...!