Common rail vs mechanical injection

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #111  
Yeah, school busses, box trucks, etc. At 200k when I bought mine, it had a blown head gasket so I guess I'm following the ratings
Ford uses the 6.7L Cummins and previously used the 5.9L and 8.3L in their F650 & F750 so does PACCAR (Peterbilt) called a “PX-8”.
Cummins 5.9L, 6.7L and 8.3L found in many AG tractors. AGCO called Cummins engines “AGCO power”.
You won’t find competitors used in all these applications

Last edited:
   / Common rail vs mechanical injection #112  
Since the 6.7 replaced the 5.9 the list continues. Cranes, marine engine, generators, forklifts, backhoes, dozers...

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #113  
To put it another way, the 6.7 starts at -40C without being plugged in. No aids other than the grid heater. Not the best for it but it will do it.

Lets see anything from before 2000 pull that off, the list has almost no members.

The old mechanicals, might as well stay home in the cold. The new rigs are champs.

Even the new deere’s run like a tuner car, no waiting around the power is instant. It sucks they just finally got diesel figured out just as they start pushing the green agenda.

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #115  
My BS meter just blew up.
From Northern Alberta, ive tested it lots. 6.7 always starts. Not like the -10C plug in hybrid powerstrokes lol.

Here is a guy at -37C not even an issue. 6 in a row and built to tow!

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #117  
Well, if it's on the internet..............
Looks like you got schooled lol
I can tell by the sound of the cranking that engine oil is crazy cold.

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #118  
To put it another way, the 6.7 starts at -40C without being plugged in. No aids other than the grid heater. Not the best for it but it will do it.

Lets see anything from before 2000 pull that off, the list has almost no members.

The old mechanicals, might as well stay home in the cold. The new rigs are champs.

Even the new deere’s run like a tuner car, no waiting around the power is instant. It sucks they just finally got diesel figured out just as they start pushing the green agenda.
Yep. We were all forced to spend more money to buy them with thousands of dollars of extra low emissions DPFs and DEF systems get them down to very low emissions only to see them probably become extinct in cars, and maybe even trucks

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #119  
Looks like you got schooled lol
I can tell by the sound of the cranking that engine oil is crazy cold.
Every day is a school day. Crazy cold and -40 may or may not be the same thing.
I never thought I'd see -30F but we had it 4 days running in upstate NY circa 1994. The coldest I've experienced.

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #120  
Every day is a school day. Crazy cold and -40 may or may not be the same thing.
I never thought I'd see -30F but we had it 4 days running in upstate NY circa 1994. The coldest I've experienced.
Well the guy showed in the video it was -35…..