Coleman Mini Bike

/ Coleman Mini Bike #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
The most frustrating thing about my minibike is that the seal on the gas cap allows gasoline to slosh out and run down the side in rough terrain. I've been through a few caps and none consistently keep the fuel in. Today, I ordered a complete tank with a threaded cap and fuel neck. We'll see if it works.

/ Coleman Mini Bike #2  
I got mine last year. I've never had a problem with it but due to my arthritis, I converted it to electric start with battery. The pull start was hurting my fingers. A few other mods with a tachometer keeps me from blowing it up. ;) It's fast! I also added a light switch and a rear carrier.

/ Coleman Mini Bike
Those additions sound like good ideas.
I put a larger rear sprocket on mine to slow it down. It's used it in the woods and it was too fast to avoid trees without constantly speeding up and slowing down.
I'm sorry about your arthritis but glad to see I'm not the only old guy riding one. People probably think I have the bike on my receiver hitch for my grandchildren.

/ Coleman Mini Bike #4  
We’ve got one in the barn for the kids.

Approx $600 at Rural King.

It’s fun but a bit cramped for longer legs.

The centrifugal clutch makes it a PITA to push around.

We did adjust the governor after a few months.

It’s been mostly trouble free as long as you’re not extra dumb when riding it!

/ Coleman Mini Bike
Mine has one of the easiest cranking small engines I've ever owned.

/ Coleman Mini Bike #6  
Check out the forum at 'oldminibikes.com'....

/ Coleman Mini Bike
We’ve got one in the barn for the kids.

Approx $600 at Rural King.

It’s fun but a bit cramped for longer legs.

The centrifugal clutch makes it a PITA to push around.

We did adjust the governor after a few months.

It’s been mostly trouble free as long as you’re not extra dumb when riding it!
I've done some pretty dumb things. The first day, I got off and tried to let it pull it's self over a log. The bikes was getting ahead of me and instinctively, I held tight to the hand grips. A bad idea for something with a twist grip throttle. As it continued to climb the log my hand twisted back on the grip causing the bike to accelerate and it stood up on the back wheel. I can't remember whether it left the ground but somehow the rear fender was bent upwards in the process.

Last edited:
   / Coleman Mini Bike
Check out the forum at 'oldminibikes.com'....
Thanks /, that site has a parts supplier I hadn't seen before.
I have a distant cousin who started on a mini bike as a kid in the 70's and moved up to a Harley. He's also a photographer and once got a bike picture published in one of the biker magazines.

/ Coleman Mini Bike #9  
I'm going to look at one of these today, a Coleman RB200, lightly used. I've wanted something to putz around our property and this might just be the thing to fit that bill. How are they in light snow?

/ Coleman Mini Bike
I hope someone else answers that question for you. If we've had any note worthy snow In the two or three years since I've had mine I didn't try it.