China Corona Virus #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / China Corona Virus #2 #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
Let's try this again. Hopefully we can keep this one going.

I'm not a "News Hound". I keep up with this topic here on TBN. Some very intelligent and investigative men have contributed to this topic. I'd like to continue to benefit from their knowledge and research.

Any updates today?

/ China Corona Virus #2 #2  
Let's try this again. Hopefully we can keep this one going.

I'm not a "News Hound". I keep up with this topic here on TBN. Some very intelligent and investigative men have contributed to this topic. I'd like to continue to benefit from their knowledge and research.

Any updates today?

Well apparently one of our servicemen in S. Korea has now tested positive.

/ China Corona Virus #2
Well apparently one of our servicemen in S. Korea has now tested positive.

Oh Bummer.

Yeah, I've been to S Korea 12 times when I was in the Service. Human contact is inevitable.....

/ China Corona Virus #2 #4  
Nancy Messonnier, director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters:
“Disruption to everyday life might be severe..”

“As more and more countries experience community spread, successful containment at our borders becomes harder and harder,”

The CDC urged American businesses and families to start preparing for the possibility of a bigger outbreak. Messonnier said that parents should ask their children’s schools about plans for closures. Businesses should consider whether they can offer telecommuting options to their employees, while hospitals might need to look into expanding telehealth services, she said.

Meanwhile, after weeks of telling Americans that China has a lid on the situation, and subsequent spread to Italy, Iran, Korea and other countries, ***** said yesterday:
"I think that's a problem that's going to go away," ***** said during a trip to India, expressing confidence that the epidemic will not seriously harm the global economy.

Tuesday's market open in the United States and he said that his administration was putting "a lot of talent, brainpower" behind tackling the virus.
"We're watching very carefully," ***** said. "We're fortunate so far and we think it's going to remain that way."

So there you have it.

Who to believe?
The director of the CDC, or believe *****? (Edited)

BTW, I'm not being political here, these are going to be very real "Rural Living" issues in a few days.

Last edited:
   / China Corona Virus #2
Coby, can you edit your post above? The entire last half was unnecessary.

/ China Corona Virus #2 #6  
Coby, can you edit your post above? The entire last half was unnecessary.

Most with #TDS can’t help themselves!

Selective quotes can tell whatever story you want.......

We have a virus that is killing at a rate slightly higher than the “normal” flu.

/ China Corona Virus #2 #7  
I see the Dow is up 1.6% now (10:40am in NYC)* for a net -4.7%, year-to-date. Maybe there won't be a financial panic.

My own guess is the world economy will contract due to supply chain disruptions, and I had expected this to cause a continual decline in market indexes.

As for personal risk of illness, that's anyone's guess, unknowable based on present information.

=======
*Footnote, edit: Then the market closed today down a half a percent.

It's still my guess that the market will drift downward.

Last edited:
   / China Corona Virus #2 #8  
I don't think its political TDS to mention that the scientific and the political forecasts differ, rather, each person has to come to their own conclusions after considering all available information.

/ China Corona Virus #2
I don't think its political TDS to mention that the scientific and the political forecasts differ, rather, each person has to come to their own conclusions after considering all available information.

I agree. But I also know Coby just threw gasoline on the fire. What follows could lead to a thread lock. I don't think Coby's intent was malicious. Just unnecessary.

/ China Corona Virus #2
I see the Dow is up 1.6% now (10:40am in NYC) for a net -4.7%, year-to-date. Maybe there won't be a financial panic.

My own guess is the world economy will contract due to supply chain disruptions, and I had expected this to cause a continual decline in market indexes.

As for personal risk of illness, that's anyone's guess, unknowable based on present information.

From my uneducated redneck world, every time I see a huge swing either direction in the markets I recognize it as Marketeers manipulating and making money. And we feed them by moving stock. The speed at which it levels indicates action or a lack of it. Absolutely mental manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.