China Corona Virus #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / China Corona Virus #2 #11  
Let's try this again. Hopefully we can keep this one going.

I'm not a "News Hound". I keep up with this topic here on TBN. Some very intelligent and investigative men have contributed to this topic. I'd like to continue to benefit from their knowledge and research.

Any updates today?

Last updated: February 8, 2020, 6:00 ET
Global Totals: Cases=37,155 Deaths=806 Recovered=2,634

Last updated: February 13, 2020, 11:00 AM ET
Global Totals: Cases=60,414 Deaths=1370 Recovered=6,295

Last updated: February 18, 2020, 6:02 PM ET
Global Totals: Cases=75,134 Deaths=2,007 Recovered=14,442

Last updated: February 23, 2020, 12:25 AM ET
Global Totals: Cases=78,993 Deaths=2,470 Recovered=23,419

Last updated: February 26, 2020, 11:00 AM ET
Global Totals: Cases=81,280 Deaths=2,770 Recovered=30,358

Worldometer

/ China Corona Virus #2 #12  
Someone back east who is self-described as a very stable genius, said he believes it will go away in April when the weather warms up.
Come on April.

/ China Corona Virus #2 #13  
From my uneducated redneck world, every time I see a huge swing either direction in the markets I recognize it as Marketeers manipulating and making money. And we feed them by moving stock. The speed at which it levels indicates action or a lack of it. Absolutely mental manipulation.
Then add the effect of computerized trading that accelerates the pace of change to beyond what anyone can interpret. I read recently that Tesla stock is churning so fast that the market value of all available stock gets bought/sold within three days. That's not investment, its nothing more than a speculator's playground.

/ China Corona Virus #2 #14  
Then add the effect of computerized trading that accelerates the pace of change to beyond what anyone can interpret. I read recently that Tesla stock is churning so fast that the market value of all available stock gets bought/sold within three days. That's not investment, its nothing more than a speculator's playground.

Day traders ...

/ China Corona Virus #2

Yep. Same with grain futures/markets. With them, they should have to take delivery to purchase. That would stop almost all of that manipulation.

/ China Corona Virus #2 #17  
Coby, can you edit your post above? The entire last half was unnecessary.

I don't think its political TDS to mention that the scientific and the political forecasts differ, rather, each person has to come to their own conclusions after considering all available information.

I've edited it. I removed *****'s own statements about why he should be believed (a natural at science, big brain, etc..) as those statement were made previously and not directly related to this story.

I can see your point that "who to believe", Director of the CDC or *****, could be political. Although. IMHO, it shouldn't be. They're BOTH members of the same administration.

OP asked for an update. As California noted, I gave you updates from 2 different sources.
Why remove just one source? To remove one half and not the other would show (a political) bias. And we don't want the thread locked for that.

/ China Corona Virus #2 #18  
From my uneducated redneck world, every time I see a huge swing either direction in the markets I recognize it as Marketeers manipulating and making money. And we feed them by moving stock. The speed at which it levels indicates action or a lack of it. Absolutely mental manipulation.
I understand more about finances because of posts by more savvy TBN members. One thing that I do know however, is not to check my 401K in times like this.
The Coronavirus cat is out of the bag and beyond the point of containment. The only question now is how much damage it will do before an effective vaccine is found.

/ China Corona Virus #2
I've edited it. I removed *****'s own statements about why he should be believed (a natural at science, big brain, etc..) as those statement were made previously and not directly related to this story.

I can see your point that "who to believe", Director of the CDC or *****, could be political. Although. IMHO, it shouldn't be.

OP asked for an update. As California noted, I gave you updates from 2 different sources.
Why remove just one source? To remove one half and not the other would show (a political) bias. And we don't want the thread locked for that.

I simply don't see any benefit from Political context? Even the most cleverly disguised.

If we get to the point of the government having to take control then I might feel differently. If that happens we can start a thread about that specifically.

Right now it's beneficial for me to hear statistical data.

/ China Corona Virus #2
I understand more about finances because of posts by more savvy TBN members. One thing that I do know however, is not to check my 401K in times like this.
The Coronavirus cat is out of the bag and beyond the point of containment. The only question now is how much damage it will do before an effective vaccine is found.

I agree. I have lectured my Sons about that too. They are in their 40s. No time to be getting all crazy eyed about the Stock Markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.