Check out this truck

/ Check out this truck #21  
And another oil rich Alberta fact, if you buy a stock truck, and leave the dealership stock, you get strange looks. Finding a truck that is not lifted or modded some wain Alberta is rare. A combo of having too much money, and a case of short man syndrome seems more common nowadays.

/ Check out this truck #22  
And as far as it saying "a replacement for the Unimog" LOL not even close.

Ill take a tatra.... or Oshkosh....or a mog.... all over that ford

/ Check out this truck #23  
Not according to what I have been reading on all the diesel sites like powerstrokenation. Seems to be a lot of complaints about issues.
But I can't say firsthand, after my 2007 I will never buy another diesel pickup. Next one would be a Hino medium duty. Not much more price wise, but bulletproof. Last truck show I attended, even the big shots from a certain class 8 truck manufacturer were heard saying Hino dealers have to also sell another line of trucks or they would go broke, as they never sell parts or service. So that says something.

Seeing that Grand Prairie is in oil rich alberta like Will said, you can be sure these trucks will sell like hotcakes to all the big money oilfield workers so they can say "LOOK AT ME! MY TRUCK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!!!" :laughing:

Texas Boys!- Texas-that is where the dealer is selling these things-and I agree- the "my truck is bigger than yours" has to be s factor- in particular if this thing is a stock 550 frame/springs etc with some add ons.

/ Check out this truck #24  
I hope it comes with a Cummins option like the F-650's or you better have a big bank account, lol.

I bet it cost as much as my dump truck.

You're right. A powerstroke would be an insult to that truck.

/ Check out this truck #25  
I have heard that the new ford trans is supposed to be better than the allison, time will tell.

Ford and their legions of cheerleaders have been wishing that since GM started putting Allisons in their HD's 10+ yrs ago.
Keep wishing.......lol

That would be a great truck for me. Pulling out a stuck discbine with my current Ford is not possible with 19.5" pizza cutters inflated to 80lbs. I would like to put super singles on my 550, but I can't spend$5,000 on wheels/tires when I need to spend $5,000 on an extended warranty.

Great looking truck. My guess is $100,000.

/ Check out this truck
I wish I could find a pic of one that had the 6WD conversion.

/ Check out this truck #28  
Ford and their legions of cheerleaders have been wishing that since GM started putting Allisons in their HD's 10+ yrs ago.
Keep wishing.......lol

Don't confuse the Ford trans of today that goes behind a new 6.7 Power Stroke with what went behind a 6.0. I too have heard nothing but good things. Its going to be a while before ford lives down the 6.0/6.4 issues. They never should have called the new engine a "Power Stroke". Then again, I wish thjey had spent their money designing a ground up 6 vs another V-8.

And speaking of the new V-8, a buddy of mine has a 550 dump. It replaced a 6.0 that ate him alive and he bought the new 6.7 because the only place he couild get a deal was on another Ford. bottom line, he is pushing 60,000 miles and no problems.

/ Check out this truck #29  
Why? V8 diesels have proven themselves. Seems people will never except that fact.
Keep wishing.......lol

Don't confuse the Ford trans of today that goes behind a new 6.7 Power Stroke with what went behind a 6.0. I too have heard nothing but good things. Its going to be a while before ford lives down the 6.0/6.4 issues. They never should have called the new engine a "Power Stroke". Then again, I wish thjey had spent their money designing a ground up 6 vs another V-8.

And speaking of the new V-8, a buddy of mine has a 550 dump. It replaced a 6.0 that ate him alive and he bought the new 6.7 because the only place he couild get a deal was on another Ford. bottom line, he is pushing 60,000 miles and no problems.

/ Check out this truck #30  
They never should have called the new engine a "Power Stroke". Then again, I wish thjey had spent their money designing a ground up 6 vs another V-8.
The Scorpion code name would of been much cooler production name than Powerstroke.
I wonder if they'll chop off the back two eventually and have a V6? From the power that V8 is putting down I believe most people could/would be better off with a smaller version.