CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging".

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #41  
a BX1500 would be the next matchup. The Kioti would win with the price. My bro-in-law got an LS. He's thinking was, a riding mower may last 5 years if he's lucky, in a decade he would of spent enough for his LS.

Oddly, there is such a SPIKE-DEMAND for SCUT and CUT machines like never before. For the past 20 years the demand has not let up.

Prices are different in Michigan. SCUT's are in the $15k range and a Husqvarna rider is about $2k.

My YTH24K48 was less than $1800 in 2012 and I just sold it for $1k to a buddy. He loves it. Maybe it's because I only have about 2 acres of grass to cut on flat land. My buddy only has 2 acres of flat land too.

BTW, I was "hot" to get a BX with FEL, MMM, snow blower, and BH when I moved here in 2012. Figured it would be the perfect compromise. One of the locals talked me out of it. So glad he did.

I have a lot more invested but I am not making do by compromising, and the stuff will last my lifetime.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #42  
Prices are different in Michigan. SCUT's are in the $15k range and a Husqvarna rider is about $2k.

My YTH24K48 was less than $1800 in 2012 and I just sold it for $1k to a buddy. He loves it. Maybe it's because I only have about 2 acres of grass to cut on flat land. My buddy only has 2 acres of flat land too.

BTW, I was "hot" to get a BX with FEL, MMM, snow blower, and BH when I moved here in 2012. Figured it would be the perfect compromise. One of the locals talked me out of it. So glad he did.

I have a lot more invested but I am not making do by compromising, and the stuff will last my lifetime.

My full size CUT was only $6K. And a 54" FAB 24Hp Hydro Cub Cadet is going for $4,100 new. So, the price is only a $2K difference and my machine is close in features to it. My CUT has 3PT, so it can do much more than a riding mower.

Yes, a BX would be better than a rider. :) Good for you.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #43  
My full size CUT was only $6K. And a 54" FAB 24Hp Hydro Cub Cadet is going for $4,100 new. So, the price is only a $2K difference and my machine is close in features to it. My CUT has 3PT, so it can do much more than a riding mower.

Yes, a BX would be better than a rider. :) Good for you.
What new model CUT were you able to get for 6k? Does that include a finish mower?

We've had good luck with Husqvarna riders, they were not the larger GT's but seemed to hold up well for just mowing a small suburban lawn.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #44  
   / CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #45  
Got ya, I think you're kinda comparing apples to bananas a bit.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #46  
   / CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #47  
Or a 40year old CUT to a new rider!

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #48  
I bought a new Husqvarna GT52XLS 7 years ago. I mow a bumpy yard and steep sided ditch, it's been a good mower.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #49  
Geese, my husqvarna YTH18542 Must be nearing 15 years old. Its been thru 1 new engine and I’m trying to replace the mower deck for about $600.

but considering the rough life my wife gives it, its worked great. I was in the market to replace it, but I don’t want a zero turn, I want a riding unit. And their all back ordered a year. So I ordered a new deck instead.
never have had a frame issue. Its the stupid rocks that grow in my lawn that give it hell. One day no rocks..next week 30 of them.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #50  
My Husqvarna I bought in 2006-600 hours, so far replaced the battery twice, deck bearings once under warranty, and deck belt-everything else except the consumables is original. Still have original drive belt....and it still runs like new and still starts up first crank-also doesnt burn oil or smoke. My blades have been replaced 5 times, I dont bother sharpening them. I have the 3 bin bagger and have been using it every year....only lost one clip so far-it works very well once you get the hang of it.

It would be s shame if they quit in the US-I would buy again but there is alot of junk competition like Toro, Cub Cadet, John Deer and Craftsmen that are cheaper so its no wonder they want to quit the US. You cant compete with junk by selling junk so I applaud them for it. Yes they are junk.

Love it so much I didn't bother with a MMM for my Massey.