CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging".

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #31  
I bought my GT48DXLS about 3 years ago for $3,100 out the door. (I wish I had bought two.)

Saw this at Lowe's yesterday- $4,299- I wonder who the lucky buyer will be?

Attachments

• HusqMowerLowes.jpg
    HusqMowerLowes.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 118
   / CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #32  
I've owned 2 push mowers since 1985. The first one lasted about 29 years before the deck broke. I still have the engine. I'm on year 8 of my 2nd push mower, so I'm beating the odds. I think people just don't take care of things.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #33  
Why do you ask?
Because I was wondering if it was a Husky brand attachment meant for that machine, or an aftermarket attachment that voided your warranty?

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #34  
I've owned 2 push mowers since 1985. The first one lasted about 29 years before the deck broke. I still have the engine. I'm on year 8 of my 2nd push mower, so I'm beating the odds. I think people just don't take care of things.
I still have my dad's 49 year old single cylinder 15HP Briggs powered 42" Craftsman lawn tractor.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #35  
I still have my dad's 49 year old single cylinder 15HP Briggs powered 42" Craftsman lawn tractor.

I had a DYT4000 Craftsman riding mower. Even then the HQ frame was questionable for a 1995 machine. A few years later, it kept having spindle issues, then electrical, then motor issues. Replaced the motor to a V-twin. It ran extremely well for 3 years, but the deck went bad, the frame became too twisted to even keep the drive belt to the rear axle on most of the time. Had the machine too many times up on the lift to repair, add braces and belt alignment parts. Had to rebuild the Peerless-2000 hydro trans once. In it's last year, the deck was rotted out, spindles all shot and the deck kevlar belt no longer could put up with the messed up pulleys. This machine was used on a simple flat 2 acres. Tossed out the deck and only used it as a cart puller. Gave it away to a family member in the end of my use. Indeed there were too many short comings with the Husqvarna made Craftsman rider.

If the Sweden company wants to call it quits, big deal. They can aim to the higher priced machines till the buying public realizes that SCUT machines can do more of the work for nearly the same prices.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #36  
I had a DYT4000 Craftsman riding mower. Even then the HQ frame was questionable for a 1995 machine. A few years later, it kept having spindle issues, then electrical, then motor issues. Replaced the motor to a V-twin. It ran extremely well for 3 years, but the deck went bad, the frame became too twisted to even keep the drive belt to the rear axle on most of the time. Had the machine too many times up on the lift to repair, add braces and belt alignment parts. Had to rebuild the Peerless-2000 hydro trans once. In it's last year, the deck was rotted out, spindles all shot and the deck kevlar belt no longer could put up with the messed up pulleys. This machine was used on a simple flat 2 acres. Tossed out the deck and only used it as a cart puller. Gave it away to a family member in the end of my use. Indeed there were too many short comings with the Husqvarna made Craftsman rider.

If the Sweden company wants to call it quits, big deal. They can aim to the higher priced machines till the buying public realizes that SCUT machines can do more of the work for nearly the same prices.
And people wonder where the true garden tractors went. And they don't realize that they go by 1 series JD, Kioti CS, and Kubota BX, etc.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #37  
And people wonder where the true garden tractors went. And they don't realize that they go by 1 series JD, Kioti CS, and Kubota BX, etc.

a BX1500 would be the next matchup. The Kioti would win with the price. My bro-in-law got an LS. He's thinking was, a riding mower may last 5 years if he's lucky, in a decade he would of spent enough for his LS.

Oddly, there is such a SPIKE-DEMAND for SCUT and CUT machines like never before. For the past 20 years the demand has not let up.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #38  
I bought the riding mower from hell when I bought my Husky YTH2042 in 2005. The very first thing was the engine seized within an hour of my first use. The dealer replaced the engine, not the whole machine, under warranty. And anything that could go wrong since has - replaced multiple decks, carbs, wiring, clutch, brakes, and, of course, the one tire that has to be aired up every use.

I finally fixed it a couple months ago (except for pedal travel which I have to pull back with my toe to be fully engaged). I started it up but now I’m scared to actually use it because I’m certain I’ll have to fix it again after the first cut. I use my finishing mower on the Kubota instead even if it does not handle narrow, shallow ditches without digging into the sides.

I’ve had a dream for a few years now that there is nothing more that I want to do except take it up to the tallest HQ building Husqvarna owns and drop it off the roof, then walk away from it for good.