CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging".

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #1  

GT48DXLS

Bronze Member
Tractor
Very Modifierd Husqvarna/GT48DXLS
Husqvarna CEO recent quotes...

"Gardening machinery group Husqvarna HUSQb.ST said on Tuesday it will restructure its struggling Consumer Brands division"

"The company blamed rising commodity prices and a “challenging U.S. retail market environment"

"CEO Kai Warn told Reuters that Consumer Brands’ loss in the quarter meant he no longer expected the group to reach its 10 percent operating profit target this year"

"Husqvarna said the Consumer Brands division would exit lower-price segments such as petrol-powered lawnmowers and garden tractors"

All above qoutes sourced by link provided toward bottom of page.

Dear Husqvarna,

I can't help but wonder if your "losses" have had a little something to do with your (still NOT "robust") frame/chassis problems on your Lawn and Garden Tractors (GT, TS).

Sorry to hear us pesky U.S. consumers expected you to honor your warranty and produce what your company claims in it's mis-leading adverts. Your corporate strategy of at least “10%” in profit may have been achieved by having a more professional and dependable consumer oriented business model.

Is this how Husqvarna plans to fix it's 16 year failed, weak, 26 lbs. GT/ TS Lawn Tractor chassis...... By quitting, because it's too challenging for them? (Chassis was started by AYP under Electrolux in 2005)

IMG_2730.JPG

Examples over the years,

Will Husqvarna warranty use-26.png

2009 bent frame.png

oh crap6.png

2018, My full story found here,

IMG_0526.JPG

Sticky BEWARE OF HUSQVARNA GARDEN TRACTORS (PART 1)

oldpaddy bent frame mowing.png

This is what Johnny Products will show you,
(the TS GT Husqvarna/ Craftsman Chassis is weak, the lawn tractor chassis is not)

new ts348xd-43.png

For the rest of us, if you are planning to buy whats left of current reduced production and stock, good luck. My advice, RUN FROM HUSQVARNA.

I also wonder who will be making parts for what is already produced? MTD, Stanley Black and Decker?

You can read the CEO of Husqvarna's words here below (link). Pay attention to what Husqvarna says is important to them. Notice all of their “restructuring” plans and “losses” began in PRE-COVID years (this is not “pandemic” related loss).

GT

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #2  
I wonder, does this include 2 stroke products like trimmers and chainsaws ? I have a Husky chainsaw which is a beast but am I up a creek if I need parts ?

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #3  
If I'm not mistaken Husqvarna hasn't made lawn or garden tractors for a number of years. MTD made them and painted them orange. If Sears wanted a Craftsman it was the same thing in black. Subsequently MTD has been purchased or absorbed by American Yard Products. I think they even make Cub Cadet but the sheet metal is shaped differently and Cub sports a Chinese engine.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #4  
If I'm not mistaken Husqvarna hasn't made lawn or garden tractors for a number of years. MTD made them and painted them orange. If Sears wanted a Craftsman it was the same thing in black. Subsequently MTD has been purchased or absorbed by American Yard Products. I think they even make Cub Cadet but the sheet metal is shaped differently and Cub sports a Chinese engine.
And who do you suppose owns AYP? Husqvarna.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #5  
Yeah, the newspaper has been on the step for awhile. HOP is still HOP as far as I know. Never noticed you avatar before. (y)

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #7  
So if Husqvarna owns AYP (who makes most consumer riding mowers), does that mean all consumer products for US markets will stop?

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #8  
MTD is it own company with a 20% interest owned by Stanley Black and Decker, and is not owned by Husqvarna or AYP, HOP, or EHP. MTD could be making products for Husqvarna among other brands . And Husqvarna announced that they were leaving the garden tractor and push mower market to concentrate on their premium handheld and Z turn market under the Husqvarna name in 2018 and would fulfill their contract obligations for 2019.

Dealers took it to mean that they were doing away with the Poulan/Poulan Pro names along with the other products produced for the box stores such as Walmart, Craftsman, etc.

At one time before Murray went bankrupt MTD was responsible for all mowers sold to Walmart east of the Mississippi and north of I-70. Murray had south of I-70 and east of the Mississippi, Husqvarna/Poulan had everything west of the Mississippi and that accounted for 5% of their annual production.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging". #9  
So if Husqvarna owns AYP (who makes most consumer riding mowers), does that mean all consumer products for US markets will stop?
Husqvarna announced in 2018 that they were ending production of consumer riding mowers and push mowers to concentrate on their premium handheld and Z turn markets.

/ CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging".

Good question.

Electrolux AB (1978) created or purchased Roper Lawn Mower Co all ready producing tractors for Sears, a few name changes and then became American Yard Products (AYP). Electrolux did a corporate spin off of AYP in 2006 creating the Husqvarna outdoor products (not to be confused with Husqvarna Group AB). Electrolux AB and Husqvarna AB are owned by the same company, and the North American Division of Husqvarna that produces Lawn and Garden Equipment is a subsidiary of Husqvarna AB or Husqvarna Group.

The Georga plant that made hand held equipment and walk behinds has been closed permanently (2019?) and a lot of people lost their jobs, it was a big plant. Unsure about Arkansas, and the South Carolina plant is whats left.

MTD or Modern Tool and Die Company is in Ohio I think, but they are their own (yes 20% by Stanley which owns Briggs and Stratton?).

Sears prior to their eventual demise was already having MTD produce more of their tractors than Husqvarna. Most lawn tractors at the stores are MTD brands with low end John Deere and Husqvarna (which is leaving the market for petrol powered). The competition is dwindling and MTD seems to be taking the majority share of low end retail sales of lawn tractors and push mowers now.

I think competition is good for the consumer, sadly it looks like the consumer is going to lose this one.

Last edited: