Carpenter Bees ...

/ Carpenter Bees ... #41  
   / Carpenter Bees ... #42  
If insecticides that list bees as a target arent working, you either arent mixing it correctly or applying it wrong.

dont target the bees. Spray the WHOLE structure. At any given time you are only seeing a fraction of the carpenter bee population in your area. And unless you want to camp out in the barn 24/7 for about a week and successfully kill ALL that come near, you will never be rid of them.

Bifen has great residual life. You spray all the rafters and wood where the bees land. It stays active for weeks. All they gotta do is land somewhere you have sprayed and their time is very limited.

There is TWO bifin's. There is i/t and xts. The xts is about 4x more concentrated. Half an ounce per gallon is all it takes for the XTS.

I also use bifen xts on my yard. 6oz/acre. No fleas or ticks if you have outside dogs that way. Or ants, termites, etc.

Bifen is about the broadest spectrum insecticide you can buy. It pretty much kills any and ever insect. And is the SAME THING that an exterminator is gonna charge you hundreds to spray.

/ Carpenter Bees ... #43  
If insecticides that list bees as a target arent working, you either arent mixing it correctly or applying it wrong.

dont target the bees. Spray the WHOLE structure. At any given time you are only seeing a fraction of the carpenter bee population in your area. And unless you want to camp out in the barn 24/7 for about a week and successfully kill ALL that come near, you will never be rid of them.

Bifen has great residual life. You spray all the rafters and wood where the bees land. It stays active for weeks. All they gotta do is land somewhere you have sprayed and their time is very limited.

There is TWO bifin's. There is i/t and xts. The xts is about 4x more concentrated. Half an ounce per gallon is all it takes for the XTS.

I also use bifen xts on my yard. 6oz/acre. No fleas or ticks if you have outside dogs that way. Or ants, termites, etc.

Bifen is about the broadest spectrum insecticide you can buy. It pretty much kills any and ever insect. And is the SAME THING that an exterminator is gonna charge you hundreds to spray.
Sounds like it will kill good insects too.
In my old neighbor hood my neighbor sprayed her lawn, end of the lightning bugs and butterflies, and less birds etc.

/ Carpenter Bees ... #44  
It sure does. IF they dont like it.....they can hang around in the half of my yard that I DONT spray outside my dog fence.....or move on over to the neighbors yard.

But I also spray for weeds/clover/etc. My yard is JUST GRASS. SO the pollinating insects not have any reason to be on my yard. They can go pollinate the neighbors dandelions and clover.

/ Carpenter Bees ... #45  
I have no idea if what I use kills lightening bugs or not.
If they boring into my barn rafters, the stuff I posted will stop them.
I sprayed the other day, and went back to the barn today and found several wood boring bees laying on the ground dead, and none flying around.

With this chemical I posted, I spray all the wood where they have been boring.
Sad part is, they'll be back before summers out,. I'll continue to spray every couple weeks, and next year too !

/ Carpenter Bees ... #46  
I have no idea if what I use kills lightening bugs or not.
If they boring into my barn rafters, the stuff I posted will stop them.
I sprayed the other day, and went back to the barn today and found several wood boring bees laying on the ground dead, and none flying around.

With this chemical I posted, I spray all the wood where they have been boring.
Sad part is, they'll be back before summers out,. I'll continue to spray every couple weeks, and next year too !
I would think if you are spraying the barn wood it would NOT affect lightening bugs, insects and honey bees. If spraying a yard/fields I could see it harming pollinators.

/ Carpenter Bees ... #47  
My pastures and all pastures around me are sprayed with 2-4-D, or Grayson .
very few lightening bugs and bees around

/ Carpenter Bees ... #49  
My pastures and all pastures around me are sprayed with 2-4-D, or Grayson .
very few lightening bugs and bees around

2-4-D and GRAZON are plant control products, not insect control.

NPIC says 2-4-D is practically non-toxic to bees.
I would imagine GRAZON is similar.

Farmers do not go out and target bees,, they are more concerned about pollination than 99% of homeowners.

I doubt that 2-4-D would be in business, if it harmed insects.

/ Carpenter Bees ... #50  
Carpenter bees are pollinators.

That does not make them "good",,
The kid down the street with the pickup that "rolls coal" is not considered good because his exhaust kills mosquitoes,,

Carpenter bees to LOTS of damage,, it can easily amount to thousands of dollars per year for a single home.