Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do?

/ Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do?
Doesn't cause an extra step for us, but thanks for taking the time to consider it. :)

When a post gets reported as spam, we see a post in a queue. We look at it, and honest to goodness, Scout's Honor, there's a big old SPAM button we can push.:ROFLMAO: The post goes away. If it's a start to a thread, the entire thread and any replies goes away. It's fantastic.(y)
How can we get a button?
Is it like this?
1671584388757.png

/ Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do? #12  
I saw some posts yesterday that appeared to be spam of some sort and didn't know what to think about it. In the dozen years I've been on here, that was the first time, so somebody is doing a good job.

/ Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do? #13  
I saw some spam posts. Then I realized they were from a 20 yr veteran members so I put em on ignore

/ Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do? #14  
I saw some posts yesterday that appeared to be spam of some sort and didn't know what to think about it. In the dozen years I've been on here, that was the first time, so somebody is doing a good job.
I reported one a while back which later gave me second thoughts, after a few people replied to it. The thread eventually disappeared though, so I must have been correct.

/ Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do? #16  
My method is to 'Post reply' "Reported" and then scroll up to the 'Report' highlight, click that and write "Spam". My CDO makes it save a wee bit of effort.

If it's a suspected advertisement or possible future spammer I'll just type my suspicions/reasons for bringing it to the Mod's attention without 'Post reply' "Reported" in case I'm wrong.

Posting that the spam thread has been reported saves others having to go through the process.

/ Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do? #17  
I've thought about an auto hide system that would hide posts after two members report them.
If that's not able to happen another idea would be ..
Could the thread title be "highlighted" in a color like red or pink ...after 2 reports..
so members know that its been reported and will be taken care of?

Last edited:
   / Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do? #18  
One minor problem with the current method of reporting is that you need to click and load the spam post. The spammers images are downloaded, including tracking images, and therefore counts as a click as the image is loaded. So the spammer gets a plus as they got a click and can report that to their advertiser of the product. Mostly one can tell from the title that a post is spam. What would be nice would be the ability to report it as spam without clicking the topic so nothing is loaded.

Mike

/ Can we get a better way to fight spam threads? And what does reporting do? #20  
I saw a system once where any new members 1st post would not show until it was reiewed and approved.