Busted rear diff dodge 2500

/ Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #91  
Take a look at any Dodge and Ford dealership. One is full of trucks and one is mostly empty. Considering they cost more, there's a reason for it. Dodge makes a nice comfortable truck, but they just aren't as much of a "truck" as the other.

Nicer ride yes, better at being a truck No.
Humm, how about some pictures of your Fords doing work. Three Dodge/Rams and one lone Ford. The Ford had to be "built" to make it a good'un.

0911210725.jpg

/ Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #92  
:poop:

My Ram will outpull what diesel Fords I had and the new ones, too. Dodge doesn’t make trucks anymore BTW and they haven’t for over 10 years.
I know I made the right choice and I bet you have never owned a Ram with a Cummins to see why. They make just as good if not better & tougher truck than Ford.

Here’s what 48,000lbs looks like towed by a Ram. When I’m done, I can park it in my house garage.

View attachment 804173
Cummins is a good engine. Fiat is lucky to have them in their trucks, they wouldn't sell any of them without it.

/ Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #93  
Cummins is a good engine. Fiat is lucky to have them in their trucks, they wouldn't sell any of them without it.
“Cummins is a good engine”? That’s pretty weak praise for the best diesel you can get in a light truck.
FYI: the rest of the truck is damn good too. Axles, transmission, exhaust brake, seats, and much more. You guys living in the past just can’t admit Ram has passed Ford.

If they wouldn’t sell any trucks without Cummins, how do they sell gas trucks?

/ Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #94  
Humm, how about some pictures of your Fords doing work. Three Dodge/Rams and one lone Ford. The Ford had to be "built" to make it a good'un.

View attachment 804174

Exactly. let’s see those ”big tough” Fords doing something. Otherwise it’s just talk.

/ Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #95  
Exactly. let’s see those ”big tough” Fords doing something. Otherwise it’s just talk.

I wouldn’t hook that load on my old weak 7.3 but are we claiming a new Ford 450/550/600 wouldn’t do the same job? BTW is the load and trailer 48k or the truck and trailer together 48k?

/ Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #96  
“Cummins is a good engine”? That’s pretty weak praise for the best diesel you can get in a light truck.
FYI: the rest of the truck is damn good too. Axles, transmission, exhaust brake, seats, and much more. You guys living in the past just can’t admit Ram has passed Ford.

If they wouldn’t sell any trucks without Cummins, how do they sell gas trucks?
They don't sell as many gas trucks. The lots are full. They are in third place in sales domestically and they offer the best financial deal, Dodge or let's call it what it really is, a Fiat, is offering deep discounts and incentives to sell their trucks. Ford has been able to sell out without any incentives and they are also more expensive.

Dodge makes a fancier truck and sells it for less money, yet still can't sell as many trucks.

Numbers don't lie.

/ Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #97  
I wouldn’t hook that load on my old weak 7.3 but are we claiming a new Ford 450/550/600 wouldn’t do the same job? BTW is the load and trailer 48k or the truck and trailer together 48k?
Yep, and my 6.4L Fords wouldn’t do it either. The 550 I had was only rated at 33,000 GCWR. That was the max they offered in ‘08.
Ford has finally caught up on their GCWR ratings, but I got stung BAD by Ford on the 6.4L. They hung the 6.4L and 6L owners out to dry. Gave them nothing but huge repair bills and diesel engines that barely made it past 100K miles without expensive problems and horrible reliability. The owners were forced to modify the engines at substantial cost, just to keep them running.
Now they have finally caught up and all the blue oval boys act like nothing ever went wrong from 2003-2011 with the 6 & 6.4L. I’d take my 6.4 in for repairs and the technician, who I had on speed dial, would practically beg me to buy a newer version.

Yeah, the newer Fords would do the job, but I don’t trust Ford anymore. In 2020, Ford had a lower GCWR than Ram.

Like the NEW Ford saying goes “Built Ford Proud”, no longer “Built Ford Tough”.

Yes, the truck, trailer and load of hay is ~48K.

Last edited:
   / Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #98  
Dodge makes a nice comfortable truck, but they just aren't as much of a "truck" as the other.

Nicer ride yes, better at being a truck No.

You will need knowledge, experience and facts to back this up. Saying so, doesn't make it so. I will be glad to discuss this at any level of "truck use".

Since all of my Dodge/Rams are 3/4 ton, let's start with the F-250, so it is apples and apples. To be even more precise, '91 F-250, '01 F-250 and '21 F-250.

/ Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #99  
They don't sell as many gas trucks. The lots are full. They are in third place in sales domestically and they offer the best financial deal, Dodge or let's call it what it really is, a Fiat, is offering deep discounts and incentives to sell their trucks. Ford has been able to sell out without any incentives and they are also more expensive.

Dodge makes a fancier truck and sells it for less money, yet still can't sell as many trucks.

Numbers don't lie.
OK, well you said ”Cummins is a good engine. Fiat is lucky to have them in their trucks, they wouldn't sell any of them without it.”

Fact is, they sell a lot of gas powered Rams, so let’s try to keep it real.

Chill on the Ram hate. It’s not Fiat or or Dodge.
There’s not many Rams on lots, either. I bought mine from one of the largest Ram dealers on the east coast and they have maybe 1 in inventory. The lots are not ”full”. :rolleyes:
Meantime, like Nisaacs said, let’s see your Ford doing something. Otherwise it’s keyboard tough talk.

Last edited:
   / Busted rear diff dodge 2500 #100  
Meantime, like Nisaacs said, let’s see your Ford doing something. Otherwise it’s keyboard tough talk.
If I had a 550 Ford with a 6.7 in it I’d pull the same trailer of hay. My Ford dually and F-750 earn their keep around here but I felt like a semi was a better choice for heavy stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_4827.JPG
    IMG_4827.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 39