Building The Outdoor Stairs

/ Building The Outdoor Stairs
OK. To make it clear I'll tell the mix proportion in metric unit liter, what I put into every mixing machine.

According to volume:
1/ 40 L of concrete sand;
2/ 10 L of cement;
3/ 7 L of water.

According to weight:
1/ 77 kg of concrete sand (wet);
2/ 14,4 kg of cement;
3/ 7 kg of water.

1/ and 2/ are recommended by cement producer.

Is that catastrophic?

Last edited:
   / Building The Outdoor Stairs #23  
I dont think so, but if it was like soup coming out of your mixer, that would be problematic. At least you covered it in plastic. I’m a big proponent of covering to improve curing.

/ Building The Outdoor Stairs
I dont think so, but if it was like soup coming out of your mixer, that would be problematic. At least you covered it in plastic. I’m a big proponent of covering to improve curing.
Well, it wasn't like soup. In my opinion it was like the one which flows from a mixer truck pipe. It doesn't create an ordinary pile if it's placed on the ground, but it makes a low, wide, wet pile.

Here below how it looked like in a box.
6 Concrete.png

Ok, I'm gonna take some valerian pill.
I'm sorry to burden you all guys with my stupidity.

/ Building The Outdoor Stairs #25  
i think that everyone wanted the best for you and your work. your work is very impressive and looks fantastic. wish i could do that great of work like what you did!! very good!!!!

/ Building The Outdoor Stairs #26  
To the OP: Just to be clear I don't think that you burdened us with your "stupidity". I'm wondering if it's not more of a language, customs etc. type of misunderstanding seeing as you are from a different country.

Please keep posting and showing us what you are doing. The reason I signed up for this thread is that I was impressed with what you were doing. I'd be disappointed and feel like I missed out if I don't get to see how you complete the whole project.

/ Building The Outdoor Stairs #27  
I bet the steps come out fine. Just seal them after cure

/ Building The Outdoor Stairs #28  
Fifty percent of cement weight is max water weight. Lower is better.
Sealing steps can help.
We want your hard work to last

/ Building The Outdoor Stairs #30  
OK. To make it clear I'll tell the mix proportion in metric unit liter, what I put into every mixing machine.

According to volume:
1/ 40 L of concrete sand;
2/ 10 L of cement;
3/ 7 L of water.

According to weight:
1/ 77 kg of concrete sand (wet);
2/ 14,4 kg of cement;
3/ 7 kg of water.

1/ and 2/ are recommended by cement producer.

Is that catastrophic?
At a glance. That would be absolute maximum water for your concrete. If your sand is wet, that changes things. The wetness of your batch maybe caused by the wet sand.

Question? No aggregrate?