Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #91  
Boom utilizes seven TeeJet brand spray bodies with diaphragm check valves for drip-free shut-off, XR-80 degree nozzles, and nozzle strainers
Hello Mike and TBN....new guy here.

Is there any chance you could post a picture of one of your rig's spray nozzle assemblies?

I am trying to see and obtain all of the individual spray nozzle parts used to construct your nozzles.

So far, I can see the following compnents:

TeeJet 80015 XR 80-degree nozzles
TeeJet 8355 ChemSaver Diaphragm Check Valves

What other individual components exist in the assembly?

Thank you. -Slopster

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #92  
Hello Mike and TBN....new guy here.

Is there any chance you could post a picture of one of your rig's spray nozzle assemblies?

I am trying to see and obtain all of the individual spray nozzle parts used to construct your nozzles.

So far, I can see the following compnents:

TeeJet 80015 XR 80-degree nozzles
TeeJet 8355 ChemSaver Diaphragm Check Valves

What other individual components exist in the assembly?

Thank you. -Slopster

Welcome to the forum! You might PM him with your question. I see he hasn't posted anything since May 12th of this year.:thumbsup:

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #93  
Welcome to the forum! You might PM him with your question. I see he hasn't posted anything since May 12th of this year.:thumbsup:

Sorry about that....guess I ould pay a little more attention to the dates. :eek:

I PMed Mike as you have suggested. Thank you for the welcome. :)

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #94  
Sorry about that....guess I ould pay a little more attention to the dates. :eek:

I PMed Mike as you have suggested. Thank you for the welcome. :)

No apology needed. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention. I used to see him on here often but not in a little while. Good luck. :thumbsup:

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #95  
Being in the spray business, I would suggest you look into these nozzles..TeeJet - Turbo TeeJet® Wide Angle Flat Spray Tips

Pattern is excellent, they do a splendid job, have less fines and as a result lower drift issues.

Also, for the uninitiated, a 3 point set up adds a lot of wight to the rear and less downforce on the front end. They are often un baffled tanks that add to tipover issues and tractor stability on slopes.

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #96  
Being in the spray business, I would suggest you look into these nozzles..TeeJet - Turbo TeeJetョ Wide Angle Flat Spray Tips

Pattern is excellent, they do a splendid job, have less fines and as a result lower drift issues.

Also, for the uninitiated, a 3 point set up adds a lot of wight to the rear and less downforce on the front end. They are often un baffled tanks that add to tipover issues and tractor stability on slopes.
Can you explain how/why to use a 110-degree nozzle over an 80-degree nozzle? How is the proper selection made? :confused:

Is there any "easy way" to calulate how many sprayer nozzles I will need for boom construction?

If it matters, my sprayer rig and boom are on a large steel framed pull-behind (i.e. not setting on the 3-point hitch).

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #97  
If Im not mistaken, the nozzle spacing and height is indicated in the tee jet catalog

For example, I am running the Turbo TeeJet 11003 ..The chart says 20 inch height, 20 inch spacing....Remember 20 high is 20 inches above the target....so if you are at 40 inches, that is right for plants 20 inches tall.

http://www.teejet.com/media/328833/009-030_cat50a-us.pdf

The angle is really up to you, I base selection on the pressure and speed then look for the output I want....Example, I run 5mph and want 30 PSI...I look on chart for the one that will do that as a midpoint on the flow rate.

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #98  
Nozzle spacing is dependant on nozzle angle and height. I.e. a wider angle nozzle will cover more area. A higher nozzle will also cover more area. Pressure factors into the decision as to how high to put your nozzles. Higher pressure gives a finer mist, but that finer mist is more prone to wind drift.

More narrow angle nozzles closer together with a lower pressure gives you more options for spraying in higher wind speeds.

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #99  
Thanks for the replies guys! I appreciate it. Makes a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

/ Building boom sprayer w/foam marker #100  
Pineridge,

Great project idea. couldn't wait to start. Your 12 hour picture has me concerned. This morning I got a gollon of the foam concentrate, and also a $19.95 aquarium pump from Wal Mart, along with tubing and two small airstones. My plan is to use a small 12v to 120 AC inverter. An aquarium pump is designed to run for yearrs so it should be durable. Here is my nightmare experiment along with a question:

JRP,
Any chance we could see a picture of how you plumbed the aquarium pump into this system and how it all worked out?
Thanks,
Steve