Bought a new SANY SY50U !

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #61  
I'm looking for an excavator with 40+ gpm to the arm for a mulcher. I'm working with the usda/nrcs on my land and have acres of tsi work and a lot of it will be mulching overpopulated areas of 2-4" and under stifled hemlock and beech thickets. They will cost share this work if approved......
so I'm curious about your cutter and more so about the SSQA converter. Ultimately I'd like to mount my disc mulcher (for my SS) to a hydraulicly suitable excavator for areas not accessible to with the SS.
This one weighs 2200#.
20221016_153126.jpg

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U !
I'm looking for an excavator with 40+ gpm to the arm for a mulcher. I'm working with the usda/nrcs on my land and have acres of tsi work and a lot of it will be mulching overpopulated areas of 2-4" and under stifled hemlock and beech thickets. They will cost share this work if approved......
so I'm curious about your cutter and more so about the SSQA converter. Ultimately I'd like to mount my disc mulcher (for my SS) to a hydraulicly suitable excavator for areas not accessible to with the SS.
This one weighs 2200#.View attachment 778689
The SS adapter is made by Baumalight, but what you need to do the job you want to do IMHO is a Primetech PT 300, shown in a vid on You Tube: "knocking out a 50 acre mulching job Primetech PT 300" (V-belt and son -channel).
I've seen a lot of forestry mulchers both drum and disc type, on exes and skid steers, and the Primetech type dedicated mulchers beat everything hands down. 2200#s is a huge weight to swing off a stick, no matter how big a machine you use, regardless of flow. And spool up and down is a big factor too. Primetech type mulchers are designed specifically to handle large jobs on tough terrain with operator safety in mind.
The loaned to V-belt and son mulcher runs at 90 GPM and the job shown is also a partially funded job, similar to what you're doing, if I understood what they mentioned in their vid. There is, I believe, another vid they did at a later date with a newer model machine they bought , which has even more features; hard to believe they could make it even better, but for what they go for I guess it makes sense to keep improving the capabilities!
Put your skid steer to the side to handle what it can, and use the right tool for the specific job.

Last edited:
   / Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #63  
I watch Sam and his dad and they're working in a lot more mulcher friendly soil than I have here. I'd destroy a drum mulchers teeth carbide or not in short order not to mention about 25% of my land is not accessible for a wheeled or tracked machine. (wet holes or rocks) The targetted size trees for my use is perfect for the disc style and I'm not building a park so the more coarse "chips" are fine.
I think I'm heading for a 15-18 ton machine for 40 gpm and 150+/- hp, at this point a 2-3000# implement is irrelevant.

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U !
Ok, whatever you say.

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #65  
Have you run other machines besides the Sany?
I have seen you ask this on the two sany threads I was searching. I have run many excavators up to a zx450 and down to a little 08, cats hitachi john deere kuboto komatsu case link belt Takeuchi bobcat. what do you need to know about the Sany sy50u in comparison to other excavators? I recently (400hrs now) purchased an sy50u to replace the aging Kubota kx91-3 I was using. I rented an sy50u for a few days before buying one. the money I saved buying it over the other brands allowed me to add a tiltrotator to the purchase. pic is leaving the dealership with it

Attachments

• 2023-02-09 11.52.51.jpg
    2023-02-09 11.52.51.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 83