Bought a new SANY SY50U !

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
I closed a deal on a brand new SANY SY50U 5 metric ton excavator!
It just arrived from the left coast, and they're setting it up at the dealer over the next week.
It is step up from the mini class, due to it's weight, etc. But it is essentially the same general zero turn design as most minis. I think it is referred to as a standard size...

It has a Yanmar diesel engine and Kawasaki pumps, along with a 5 year, 5000 hour warranty. And a cab with heat, AC, and Bluetooth with radio. It has regen, no DEF, three joysticks, left, right and blade. All hydraulically driven implements, tilt bucket, etc., are programmed for ideal flow and engine RPMs via the onboard computer. Joysticks, hydraulics, (DIN or SAE) can be chosen based on operator preference. The cab is compact, and does not sport a suspension seat; though I know at least one guy who has retrofitted his machine to accommodate one.

The dealer will deliver it to my location, AND do warranty repairs on site, at my location, no charge for transportation, etc.

It is 39 HP, has rubber tracks; and I bought a 24" GRYB digging bucket and a 36" GRYB tilt ditching bucket, and a GRYB ripper tooth, all of which will hook to the stick's GRYB pin grab hydraulic coupling mechanism. The GRYB items are warrantied 2 years, and are out of Canada.

It has 2 stick mounted auxiliary hydraulic lines, one is high flow the other runs the thumb; also a GRYB, shared pin with the bucket, welded bracket for the cylinder on the stick's underside.

The 50U sports the secondary auxiliary lines from the factory.

I'm getting a Brush Wolf brand 42"- 4200HD brush mower with side curtain chains. It will run off the high flow auxiliary ports, and so will the tilt bucket. It can cut up to 4" saplings and sports a new piston driven hydraulic motor. They've been making these type mowers for 20 years. I may get a forestry mulching head too, eventually, but I want to try this deck first and see if it meets my needs...

So I can use all my implements from my Kioti DK-40HE, HST tractor, I'm buying a GRYB skidsteer adapter plate that will allow me to connect all my tractor implements. Those using hydraulics will use Pioneer ball end couplers for the low flow aux hydraulics. So, two male fittings going to two female QD's on the excavator stick. This allows me to use existing fittings on my HLA 2000 Snowplow, and my Igland log grapple. So, no confusion, because the high flow fittings, which attach to the Sany will all sport flat faced couplers. The only tractor attachment going to the Sany that will use the high flow circuit is my tree shear. (It was really designed to operate on a high flow skidsteer, not the low flow hydraulic capacity of my Kioti tractor). It works on the tractor, but it is slower than I would like it to operate, open/close -function.

The Sany comes with a blade, but does not do 4 or 6 way functions.

The skidsteer adapter plate from GRYB will allow for my existing implements to be used on either the Sany or my Kioti tractor, with the likely chosen exception of my tree shear.
So my pallet forks, my 72" loader bucket, and the others already mentioned will be used as best suited to the 'tool' and job requirements.

I lucked out- the Sany 50 was one of three that arrived at my dealer's store while I was shopping for the Sany unit. They had three 50's arrive last week.
The dealer's a Vermont family owned business in St. Albans. They are CCR Sales and Service and they have EVERYTHING I already own, and a bunch of toys I've yet to find time to play with!
A partial list of items they sell in addition to Sany, is Kioti and Mahindra tractors, Cub Cadet mowers, Stihl chainsaws, and the list goes on.

I worked with Casey, the owner, and Jake, one of their very knowledgeable Sany sales people.
I did a TON of research on mini excavators before buying, and they answered all my questions and really put effort into getting me the right machine for my needs.

I'm excited to get the machine and put it to use, ASAP!🤘😎

All for now.
Cheers,
CM

-BTW, I've heard that Sany has been able to keep their pricing lower than their competitors by owning their own steel for machine manufacture, and they have a new huge plant making their big machines right in Peachtree, GA., USA.

Last edited:
   / Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #2  
I have a 36hp Yanmar diesel on my sawmill. It is a tough engine, but does not like anything in the fuel, as it is Tier IV.
The excavator class between mini and full size is midi.
I have a 7.5 ton CAT E70. But she has a 56 hp Mitsubishi engine, as Mitsubishi built her as a MS070.
hugs, Brandi

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U !
Thanks for that, Brandi!
How do you like your Cat-E70? What year is it/ hours, etc.
Thanks,
CM

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #4  
Thanks for that, Brandi!
How do you like your Cat-E70? What year is it/ hours, etc.
Thanks,
CM
I love the CAT E70. Had her for 6.5 years and nothing major except bucket bushings and H link bushing rebuild. I added a hydraulic thumb with electric over hydraulic diverter valve and build a 8 foot grader blade. She is no beauty or throughbred. Year model is 2000. Hobbs meter says 5805 hours. But I am not sure that is accurate. I have put around 300 hours on her. Mainly enlarging my pond with a 4 foot clean out bucket. I got a 28 inch digging bucket with teeth. She came with a 17 inch bucket that was made for a larger machine.
4-2-19 CAT on Island 2.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #5  
Cool! How much did you save going with the Sany vs a similar weight Cat/Takeuchi/etc? I was recently quoted a tb260 with cab/AC @86k.

Last edited:
   / Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #6  
Coyote Machine , Congrats on your new purchase . Competition good for the markets in an attempt to keep prices " correct / fair " . Way down here in sw Fla I see Sany's here on occasion . Play hard , play safe . Send some pic's when you can :cool:

F: I bought the Sany with cash. Significant savings overall, plus the bullet-proof warranty, (5year/5,000 hours),etc.
I bought a pin grab hydraulic coupler, 36" tilt bucket, etc., see initial post for more details.... It comes with 2 auxiliary lines from the factory, whereas the next model up, the SY60U only has one from the factory. NO buckets included: I chose what was recommended by my dealer, and they had EVERYthing in stock.
The Brush Wolf mower and it's coupler will be arriving shortly; I ordered the cutter with side curtain chains to reduce flying shredding's from the deck. The side curtains and the GRYB coupler will need to be welded to the mower.
Dealer will send mower and tech to install and run it/ setup it's flow rate etc. in the machine's computer, for optional flow and blade tip speed.

BB: I'm looking forward to using it; especially since I will be able to use my Igland GR-20 log grapple, tree shear and snowplow, all of which will allow me to do things I could never do previously!
Play hard & safe - yes indeed. Safe always, have to live to play the next day!
Watch out World- CM is 'gonna be ripping it up - hear me howl!
CM

Last edited:
   / Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #8  
F: I bought the Sany with cash. Significant savings overall, plus the bullet-proof warranty, (5year/5,000 hours),etc.
I bought a pin grab hydraulic coupler, 36" tilt bucket, etc., see initial post for more details.... It comes with 2 auxiliary lines from the factory, whereas the next model up, the SY60U only has one from the factory. NO buckets included: I chose what was recommended by my dealer, and they had EVERYthing in stock.
The Brush Wolf mower and it's coupler will be arriving shortly; I ordered the cutter with side curtain chains to reduce flying shredding's from the deck. The side curtains and the GRYB coupler will need to be welded to the mower.
Dealer will send mower and tech to install and run it/ setup it's flow rate etc. in the machine's computer, for optional flow and blade tip speed.

BB: I'm looking forward to using it; especially since I will be able to use myGR-20 Igland '42 log grapple, tree shear and snowplow, all of which will allow me to do things I could never do previously!
Play hard & safe - yes indeed. Safe always, have to live to play the next day!
Watch out World- CM is 'gonna be ripping it up - hear me howl!
CM
Pretty sweet, looking forward to seeing to pictures once you get it! I just sent a request to the closest dealer to me(over 100miles away though:() for a quote. Were you able to put any seat time in one before buying to see how it handles?

Pretty sweet, looking forward to seeing to pictures once you get it! I just sent a request to the closest dealer to me(over 100miles away though:() for a quote. Were you able to put any seat time in one before buying to see how it handles?
I wouldn't worry about 100 miles. I'm 114 miles from my dealer, AND they will deliver the SANY to my door, no charge, and service it at my location for the 5 years AND/or 5000 hours of the factory warranty! Can't beat those apples no matter what brand you buy.

I sat in my machine in the dealership shop while it was -5 degrees the day I visited. I'm not versed in driving any midi/excavator, so I checked everything out on YouTube; all vids I could find. Absolutely NO negative comments/reviews or any such input. One guy, Josh has a 50U, and said it is more stable than the 35U< with his 24" and 36" (mud) bucket. See his brief review at: Sany SY50U Review Oct 8th,'21.
These are zero clearance design, with no counterbalance weight on the rear, for tight space maneuvering.
The guys who have either the 35 or 50 swear by their handling, stability and strength. Look at the stumps Josh shows he pulled out with his, no sweat!

I will definitely show pics when it arrives! That's assuming I get out of the cab before I've gone a buttload of hours!

You can PM me if you need more details....
Either way, let me know how you make out with your local dealer...
Cheers,
CM

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #10  
Looking forward to see it when you get it and following along. Congratulations on the purchase.