Boring Threads

/ Boring Threads #21  
Harv,
Start a "TractorByNet Addiction" depends on the treatments./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
Would it be like giving up instant Maxwell House coffee?? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif
If so count me out. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Boring Threads #22  
I guess I look at things and say, who cares if something is boring? I scan most threads and like most, pick and choose what's of interest to me. The thing I've found is that even if a thread doesn't generate some initial interest, something later may trigger another thought that might help me out.

A couple of examples: Harv's Rops rack. Although I can't fit one on a B7100, the idea has prompted some thought on a tool holder. MarkC's and others discussions about new tractor seats. It actually got me to finally figure out how to install the right one for my needs. A discussion some time ago about tire chains for front tires on 4wd tractors. I made a set this summer from old car chains and will let everyone know how they work once I start pushing snow. Discussion on the merits of synthetic oil. I'm not convinced it's a better alternative, but at least I became more informed on the subject. The Chalkley Cup discussion. Sure, a bit inane, boring and at the very least a bit comical, but my son thinks it may be his ride to becoming a millionaire. I REALLY hope so. The list goes on.

We all pick and choose. I don't care if a thread is boring or not. The stuff that flows in and out of this board is just pretty cool. You never know what topic is going to come up and whether someone is going to give you and idea or solution that you've been looking for. With the addition of the new forum categories, things should get even more intersting as time goes on. I check the CTB from time to time, and although interesting, it just doesn't give me the same variety of looks on any given topic, let alone the total variety of tractor related topics.
That's why TractrorbyNet is just so cool.

Bob Pence

/ Boring Threads #23  
Have not really found any BORING post yet. Just some more interesting than others. My only problem so far has been wading thru the old posts since I am a newbie and finding out that even thoug it is listed in the Kubota/NH or whatever post it could be of interest to any tractor owner or wanna be owner

35-19765-254av.jpg

/ Boring Threads #24  
Time has alot to do with how I view posts. I usually look at Rural Life, and Off topic first, my favorites. I also like Other Brands. When I have more time I'll look at other sections, or use search to find something in particular.
ErnieB

/ Boring Threads #25  
This board transcends. A colorful spectrum of topics -- from the sublime to the practical to the ridiculous -- is gathered, focused and beamed by the lens of tractoring, illuminating our lives. If this diverse group were Congress, the government would be more civil, useful, productive and better.

/ Boring Threads #26  
Amen,
Bird for President/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Glenn, did I miss your post on your stuck tractor, or it it still in publishing?

/ Boring Threads #27  
At least, I'll bet we have more fun than Congress./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Glennmac, are you hiding something?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif We're all still waiting to hear how you retrieved your submarine./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird