Boring Threads

/ Boring Threads #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
As author of some of the most boring posts on this board, I thought I might query into the viewing habits of the general readership.

Aside from the good-natured ribbing taking place on the "Not A Coffee Cup" thread, I'm sure there are some who are truly fed up with the inane chattering about a subject they wish would could just be put out of its misery. So I was just wondering if I'm the only one who simply tunes out of discussions which don't tickle my fancy. Many threads start out interesting and eventually degrade into a semi-private discussion amongst a few, but I have no problem with that. It's human nature.

As much as I hate to miss anything, I sometimes find that certain threads simply hold no appeal for me personally, so I just skip over them. I am neither offended by such threads nor do I mean to offend anyone by not reading them. I assumed that's the way it works for everybody, but occassionaly I sense a teeny bit of animosity towards certain threads or posters.

All in all, this is an extremely cordial and understanding group of folks who are in it for information, camaraderie or just plain entertainment.

Anyone care to comment, or did I put you to sleep again? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Boring Threads #2  
zzzzzzzz. zzzzzzzzzzzz. zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Um, (yawn), excuse me for nodding off. Say have you seen that really riveting discussion in the "Attachments" section on the magnetic cups? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously, though (well, relatively), I think that's one of the beauties of this kind of format: Just ignore what doesn't interest you.

Don't take PaulB's insults personally. He's just sore because the "This is not a coffee cup" discussion generated more activity than his oil one. Besides, he still holds a grudge against me for teasing him about manure spreaders (and spreading). /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ Boring Threads #3  
Harv,
Like you, if I don’t have interest in a thread, I just don’t read it. Or I should say that I only check it occasionally to see it has taken a change. In recient history the only one that I didn’t read all of was the one about football. I’m not much of a football fan.
I an a addict like some others here to Tractorbynet. I have read ALL the other posts for several months now. Some of the posts are very informational and some are just chatting.
I have been around tractors for the vast majority of my life and some of the things here are amusing. I can also say that I do like to hear others ideas and ways of doing things. I have learned several things here and also have been exposed to many varying regional differences.
As far as your cup being boring, I don’t think so. I would like to know what kind of glue etc. that will finely hold it. And like you I am always tinkering with my tractor and every thing else around the house and the farm. I have made several different things for usefulness or for convience. I would be very unhappy should the engineering trait in our member declined.
JerryG

/ Boring Threads #4  
I've really got my feelings hurt now. The fact that somebody is skipping over my threads. The key is to think of an eye-catching subject line I guess.

I spend some time on high school forums here in Texas and the posters there are really nice. When somebody gets on there and says the posts are getting boring they usually get flamed with "If you don't like the %%^$#&^%&*** post then don't $#@^%$%^#$% click on it!". The tractor posters are much more gentlemanly (and ladyly?).

/ Boring Threads #5  
I may be different but I find that I've got to read the post even if the heading doesn't interest me---why you ask? I've learned a ton of stuff off this board and continue to do so also it keeps me thinking as well about new ideas and most of the time a thread takes two or twenty turns down the line of the tread. Oh yea and I'm a big mouth and always have to put my two cents in reguardless if you guys want to hear it or not. So be it if you don't like my posts then don't read them and there are a bunch of people who may not. Thats the nice thing about living in the USA the choice is yours. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Harv I don't think your threads are the most boring---mine are./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Sleeping yet?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Boring Threads #6  
What?

With my off-topic blatherings? I must be up there (or down there) in the rankings somewhere!

I like Mark read the posts that might at first not "interest" me. You never know when a tidbit of insight is going to pop out that you can tuck away, not to mention a chuckle or two. Kind of like talking to someone along side the road...

/ Boring Threads #8  
I would nominate "this is not a coffee cup". Not for it's content but for how long it takes it to load on my link. I can click on it and go it a cup and be back before it's done, thanks Mark.

I'm not sure but I think I won the slowest link on the board under the T-1 line, Wahoooo post.

/ Boring Threads #10  
All I know is__________________
Ok at least I know that with a few threads, you and scruffy wove me a cool sig/logo.
All of you are lucky I didn't post a request for: "Any ideas how to fix my WebTV keyboard, now that I've spilled a glass of lemonade in it?!"

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip