Boring Threads

/ Boring Threads
Glad y'all are taking this thread in the spirit in which it was intended. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm sure many of us have had questions in the back or our minds about how others are perceiving and reacting to many of these discussions. If they post a reply, then we know -- but if they remain silent, just what are they thinking? /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the subject, and remember -- I couldn't be this boring without the dedicated help of so many of you. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Better quit while I'm behind...

HarvSig.gif

/ Boring Threads #12  
Harv,
I can categorically state that no matter what anyone writes, posts, or otherwise puts in print, there will ALWAYS be those who won't read it. So why sweat that which you cannot control? When I am running a network, and need to bounce users off for a scheduled downtime, there are always those who will not log off. Do I get upset? Nope. I take extreme pleasure in blowing them off w/o further notice! If they lose there work, tough. I have a schedule to keep, so I must garner what pleasure where I can. :eek:)
It don't take long for the users to learn that scheduled downtime means exactly that.

/ Boring Threads #13  
Harv,
Aren't you up yet??? its morning!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
I try and read every post,for someone might learn a new trick which could help,also the humor and respect for others here are A+ compare to other boards sites!!
Like they say the "USA great melting pot of different ideas"and each there own.
Still can't believe your still sleeping./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
I guess you need some farm time./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Hope all well out there and your getting some tractor time.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Boring Threads #14  
I have to echo what most everyone else has said.

I at least "scan" every thread. There are so many twists and turns to some of these "plots", that alone holds my attention.

I don't find any of the threads "boring". Maybe some I'm less interested in than others, but not boring.

This is a great group of people!

Bill

/ Boring Threads #15  
Twinkle Toes - As Scruffy mentioned, you can just load the last page of any thread for faster response. Also, in your Profile Preferences, you can specify the maximum number of messages that show up on a page. If you set this to, say, 10, you never have to wait for a whole bunch of messages you've already read to download again.

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ Boring Threads #16  
So Chip or anybody, what is the secret to getting a JD green and yellow tractor on the signature line like Chip's? Those orange and green and yellow's tactors look great. Also, what is the quickest way to get all the postings of a single thread opened at the same time? The way I am doing now seems tedious. Go slow with the answer's I am all thumbs with this machine.

thanks guys,
george

/ Boring Threads #17  
Hang-onnn I'm ssstill tryi ngg to get the lemonade out of mygmu keyboard1=.

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ Boring Threads #18  
Harv I don't see it as a problem. First of all, I think VERY few threads have not taught me SOMETHING, so I at least scan them all. Secondly, if someone doesn't like what I wrote, or I don't like what they wrote, I just skip it. Never think twice about it, and certainly NEVER take it personally. Most of the "ridicule" you see here is really good natured bantering between friends, ( and I certainly hope my ridicule of others is perceived as good-natured and not serious. If I am really mad I will just say so). Someone likened tractorbynet to sittin' on the front porch jabbering - I like that analogy, and I think we may be the only place on the net that has that level of commeraderie.

/ Boring Threads #19  
I will second PaulB's very apt description of how he reads the threads. Some are interesting, some aren't, but most take turns and some very good information gets passed.

Harv, you need to start a sideline business supplying signature blocks!

/ Boring Threads
PaulB, Scruffy -

Sounds like we're all on the same page, pretty much. I skip very few messages, and that's usually when I've been out of town (off tractorin') and I'm trying to catch up. There's only so many hours in a day and I simply can't read them all.

I really hate to not read any message -- a number of times now I've peeked into a thread that I thought didn't have any concern for me, only to find that someone had directed a message or question to me personally. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Also, I'm starting to think that I might be spending too much time on TractorByNet at the expense of my "real" work. I couldn't possibly go cold turkey, but I mighthave to skip more messages than I do now. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Anyone want to start a thread on "TractorByNet Addiction"? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

HarvSig.gif