Boiled peanuts

/ Boiled peanuts #31  
I like boiled peanuts hot, warm, and cold. I would probably like them green too if I could find them. It's interesting reading the posts here about this subject. I guess boiled peanuts are one of those foods that folks either like or really dislike, not much in between.
Eric
Yep, kinda like Okra. We eat it fried, pickled, in soups and stews, but NOT boiled.

/ Boiled peanuts #33  
Like my old VoAg teacher used to say, "I'd rather swim a snot river than...(eat boiled okra)".

/ Boiled peanuts #36  
Why don't y'all just just order them?View attachment 716914
When the craving hits I’ve bought the canned peanuts. I have “re-boiled” them a time or two to get them just right. Gallon cans are available. Add salt or boil in plain water a bit to remove it if overly salty or too green and needing more cook time. Some convenience stores sell the canned ones that are simmering in a crock pot. Fresh out of local fields are the best but rarely handy to get, pick, and cook. Great football Saturday pastime though with a crowd.

/ Boiled peanuts #37  
Being from the state of Wyoming, I never knew boiled peanuts or soft shelled crab was a thing until I went to Baton Rouge to see my cousin.

Liked the peanuts but the soft shell crab was like eating mud.

/ Boiled peanuts #39  
Boiled peanuts are like most other foods. Some people like 'um, some don't.
You are so right! I had an uncle who liked chicken feet...I wouldn't eat them on a bet, but I do like pickled pig's feet with a side of beer and crackers! We used to live in a small, mostly Polish community...they had a favorite dish called Czarnina...sounded like "chinema" to me...a soup made from duck blood. I don't know if I liked it or not; couldn't get up enough nerve to taste it!

/ Boiled peanuts #40  
You are so right! I had an uncle who liked chicken feet...I wouldn't eat them on a bet, but I do like pickled pig's feet with a side of beer and crackers! We used to live in a small, mostly Polish community...they had a favorite dish called Czarnina...sounded like "chinema" to me...a soup made from duck blood. I don't know if I liked it or not; couldn't get up enough nerve to taste it!
The English have a dish called black pudding. I believe it's what my dad's family called blood pudding.