Boiled peanuts

/ Boiled peanuts #22  
South Carolina has been mentioned three times in this thread, in connection with eating boiled peanuts. Until today, I didn't know people all over the country didn't eat them as much as we do.

Congratulations to Bird for doing his part in Texas.

/ Boiled peanuts #23  
Why don't y'all just just order them?View attachment 716914
Those peanuts are boiled and canned 3 miles from my house. Along with a hundred other veggies and fruits. I don't care much for those. I prefer the Spanish or Virginia peanut for boiling. Those G3 and Florgiants are good for roasting.

/ Boiled peanuts #24  
And BTW, the only way to boil peanuts is with salt. If they are good peanuts.

/ Boiled peanuts
Around here, it's not unusual at all to find someone sitting in a parking lot with a pickup truck and a peanut boiling apparatus, selling them out of the boiler.
Were the hulls you ate the hulls of immature peanuts? Even boiled, shells of mature peanuts are woody.
I don't know if the green peanuts were immature, I was just a little kid. They were quite soft though.
Eric

/ Boiled peanuts #28  
I really liked your story but then I thought all peanuts were boiled? Or maybe I’m exposing my southern upbringing. Don’t eat the shells though.
Most peanuts are boiled to incorporate the salt, then roasted and eaten dry.

/ Boiled peanuts #29  
I don't know if the green peanuts were immature, I was just a little kid. They were quite soft though.
Eric
In my experience the more immature soft peanuts haven't developed distinct hull and nut everything is white or possibly green and tinder. Maybe I should buy a few cups to refresh my memory.

/ Boiled peanuts
In my experience the more immature soft peanuts haven't developed distinct hull and nut everything is white or possibly green and tinder. Maybe I should buy a few cups to refresh my memory.
I like boiled peanuts hot, warm, and cold. I would probably like them green too if I could find them. It's interesting reading the posts here about this subject. I guess boiled peanuts are one of those foods that folks either like or really dislike, not much in between.
Eric