The best poultry seasoning

/ The best poultry seasoning #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
I have been buying various blends of poultry seasoning since I started cooking over 50 years ago. I am the cook in our house and one of the things that my wife of 44 years really likes is white gravy. Also known as cream gravy or milk gravy, depending in where you live or come from. I like cream gravies too. Especially on chicken. Especially on roasted chicken from a couple nights ago, served on biscuits with gravy. I like to use poultry seasoning when making gravy for meals like what we are eating tonight, or when we are having biscuits and gravy with my home made sausage. And the best poultry seasoning blend I have found is the Spice Hunter brand organic poultry seasoning. They also sell a non-organic blend and I don't know if it is better or worse. I buy the stuff because I bought one jar and liked it so much that I only buy it now. I like it so much that all my family members have it in their spice drawers because I bought them jars of the stuff. Here is an Amazon link to the stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Spice-Hunter...nter+organic+poultry+seasoning,aps,220&sr=8-2
I have no affiliation with Amazon or Spice Hunter, I just like this particular seasoning blend. I will not benefit in any way if anybody buys this spice blend apart from me being happy if someone buys it and finds it to be as good as I do.
Cheers,
Eric
P.S.
I would be happy to share my white gravy recipe with anybody and also my recipe for my home made breakfast sausage.

/ The best poultry seasoning #2  
Found this stuff at costco. It says salt, pepper, and garlic, but i suspect it has a bit more to it. I eat it with virtually all unseasoned foods, and it's excellent. I'm not much of a cook, that's my wife's department. But a roast and vegi's out of the crock pot, toss this stuff on, and perfect. Steamed vegi's, chicken breast, done. You name it.

dClVezq.jpg

/ The best poultry seasoning #3  
I make my own, since I'm sodium restricted. Simply - Onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and Italian seasoning.

/ The best poultry seasoning #4  
I like to take a whole chicken, tie it up on a rotisserie, coat it liberally with Mrs. Dash, stuff 1/2 stick of butter inside it, and put it in the George Foreman rotisserie for 90 minutes. Simple and tasty.

/ The best poultry seasoning #5  

The Spice Hunter Poultry Seasoning, Organic, 1.1-Ounce Jar​

Ordered a jar on your recommendation.

/ The best poultry seasoning #6  
litehouse is far better.

freezed dried spices don't diminish the nutritional value of the ingredients, nor the taste.

/ The best poultry seasoning #8  
I like to take a whole chicken, tie it up on a rotisserie, coat it liberally with Mrs. Dash, stuff 1/2 stick of butter inside it, and put it in the George Foreman rotisserie for 90 minutes. Simple and tasty.
A whole chicken?
Do you at least kill it and defeather? :)
Had an aunt that would go out and just grab a chicken, flip it around, breaking it's neck.
Plucked and gutted in no time.

/ The best poultry seasoning #9  
My rub collection is growing to the point that I moved it to my bedroom where there is more space. I put some of the Spice hunter in my Amazon cart. I just bought some of the Kinder SPG at Coscto last week. Haven't used it yet though.

I love this stuff on chicken and pork.

Plowboys YardBird BBQ Rub - 2 Pack - 14 oz Amazon.com

Last edited:
   / The best poultry seasoning #10  
I'm a 'seat of the we pants' cook. Rarely use pre-mixed spices. Just add what and how much feels right that day. Drives my wife crazy because she will want me to make it the same another time and I cannot really duplicate.

Some of those mixes use fillers and drying agents and such. I prefer to use the individual spices. Even better if I grow/dry them myself. I do tend to use mixed curry as I make it infrequently, but maybe now that I'll have more time I can make my own.