Blink camera Security System

/ Blink camera Security System #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Anyone have any experience with this system. Just got my annual bill from my alarm monitoring co. 300 bucks!

At first glance at these cameras they appear to be cost effective. My current hard wired system is an FBI
any thoughts?

/ Blink camera Security System #2  
No idea on that system. However, I just purchased an 8 Channel Lorex System with 8 1080P Bullet cameras and I'm quite pleased. I replaced a 4 camera 720 system. The difference in the video quality on the 1080P system is amazing. They are having a sale with free shipping. I bought this new system for $250. You cant find a better deal. I don't have monitoring through a company but it records and sends me e-mails when the cameras detect motion. System has a 2TB hard drive and will either record on motion or continuous. Also has a smart phone app for remote monitoring,

/ Blink camera Security System #3  
Anyone have any experience with this system. Just got my annual bill from my alarm monitoring co. 300 bucks!

At first glance at these cameras they appear to be cost effective. My current hard wired system is an FBI
any thoughts?

That's 82 cents per day....

/ Blink camera Security System #6  
No idea on that system. However, I just purchased an 8 Channel Lorex System with 8 1080P Bullet cameras and I'm quite pleased. I replaced a 4 camera 720 system. The difference in the video quality on the 1080P system is amazing. They are having a sale with free shipping. I bought this new system for $250. You cant find a better deal. I don't have monitoring through a company but it records and sends me e-mails when the cameras detect motion. System has a 2TB hard drive and will either record on motion or continuous. Also has a smart phone app for remote monitoring,

:cool2:THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT LINKS:cool2:

/ Blink camera Security System #7  
We have 3 Blink exterior cameras and there is no charges for 7200 seconds of online video storage. Wasn’t sure what you were getting at until I checked and see that they have a system that costs over 300 a year where you get a keypad, sensors, siren, etc. Our three cameras just connect to an app on our phones that alerts us to motion. So far so good for the price we paid.

At the farm we have a Ring front door alarm that is two way.

/ Blink camera Security System #8  
We live in a sub-division. We have 2 Blink exterior cameras. They monitor our front porch (for package thieves) and our mailbox down at the street (for mail thieves) and record 30-second clips when motion is detected. They work very well and will provide photo evidence if things are stolen but the alert sent to my phone really wouldn't help deter them or catch them in the act. We also have a centrally monitored alarm system on the house. Sensors include door/window, interior motion and fire/CO. Monitoring costs $50/month here. Since monitoring is right here on the Island, the Island Sheriff responds very quickly if the alarm is tripped. Finally, I have a 2-camera (front yard and back yard) video system that is recording 30 days of continuous video on my home network storage.

/ Blink camera Security System #10  
Anyone using the Alexa cam through amazon? Or Nest?