Best way to get diesel into the tractor?

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #51  
I see 2.2 gal/min on most of the battery ones (on LEVEL transfer - who does that???). What's the lift range? Can it pump from the ground to the tractors fuel tank (hood level)???
I fill big excavators that are way higher than my fuel tank. I have two hoses put together for length.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #52  
Another vote for the 2 D battery pump.
On my B7800 a 5 gal can just fits between loader arm and engine compartment.
and the 2d battery pump is perfect choice for me.

pump.jpg

Last edited:
   / Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #53  
Another vote for the 2 D battery pump.
On my B7800 a 5 gal can just fits between loader arm and engine compartment.
and the 2d battery pump is perfect choice for me.

View attachment 792582

That’s what I’ve been using for 8 years now.
I have 3, one for nonE gas, diesel & DEF. Harbor freight, good price.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #54  

Attachments

• GPI.png
    GPI.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 56
   / Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #55  
I use a hand pump on the storage tank for off road diesel. Put it on a steel skid so I can lift it with loader and pallet forks. Giving me the choice to go to the filling station for off road diesel or have the truck come and fill it. Lots of tanks come up at farm auctions very cheap.

IMG_1797.jpeg

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #56  
I've either a 2 1/2 gallon or 5 gallon plastic containers that I sit on the food well area of the tractor and use a Northern Tool battery powered pump to pump the fuel into the tractor tank on top. Has auto shutoff.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #58  
I'm 81 years old; the tank is in the cowl behind the hood of the 3054 Kioti. I pick the 6.5 gallon can up and pour the fuel into the tank. End of story
I rotate the handle 80 years old end of story

IMG_1026.jpeg

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #59  
That's great; I put about 100 hours a year on the tractor, snow blowing the drive, chipping brush from blowdowns and maybe pulling a few stumps (small ones). I don't need a bulk tank and the fuel station is a quarter mile up the secondary road, but I don't like getting the tractor out on the roadway, thus the fueling method

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #60  
The fill neck on my tractor is in front of the left floor board. Easy peasy, set it on the floor board tip it and dump it in the 4" diameter opening.
One of the differences I love over my old 8n, with the fuel tank above the engine, and the battery and starter below the fuel tank opening.
I am getting older and hoisting a five gallon fuel can to shoulder height and emptying it there was not fun 10 years ago, don't miss that at all.
And I don't have to contend with the modern slow glug feature either, an aftermarket vent cap solved that!