Best way to get diesel into the tractor?

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I have this tank which is great for storage on the shelf, but it's a bit awkward to fill the tank which the fill spout is on the hood of the LX2610.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #2  
   / Best way to get diesel into the tractor?
I'm done with plastic gas cans, plus I have this one. I think I may buy this battery powered pump.

• Good Post
Reactions: DHD
   / Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #4  
Get some clear vinyl tubing that will reach from the shelf to the filler pipe on the tractor. Just tilt the can and let the tube do the work. Use a hose clamp to secure tubing to your can spout.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #5  
When I use a 5 gallon can, I stand on the front axle on my JD to pour fuel into the tractor. When I use a can to fill my Kubota, I stand on the bush hog or whatever implement is behind the tractor. But most of the time, I just drive it down to the nearby fuel station and fill it up using their pump!
A partial can is a lot easier to handle than a full can. Consider pouring from your 5 gallon can into a smaller can, such as a 1 or 2 gallon can and then pour that into the tractor.
An electric pump is also a way to go, but they require power and are money spent that isn't required to be spent.
David from jax

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #7  
I put a rotary pump on a 30 gallon clear plastic barrel. Also, filling up a 5 gallon can , 1/2 full to lift up to a tractor feels 1/4 the weight of 5 gallons, it seems.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #8  
iu

I've got a few of these kicking around, and absolutely love them.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #9  
iu

I've got a few of these kicking around, and absolutely love them.
I have a couple of battery powered ones similar to that. They have an auto shutoff feature. I use them to fill the lawnmowers now, but I used to use them to fill the tractors too until I got my tank and 12v pump setup. Pouring fuel out a 5-gallon jug gets old at my age. :D

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #10  
I use a 12v powered pump. The jug stays on the ground. Power comes from the tractor battery