Best way to get diesel into the tractor?

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #21  
1672919737751.jpeg

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #22  
   / Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #23  
I have a 25 gal poly dolly tank (2 wheels) . I threaded in a pressure reducer and quick release air fitting. I found my previous post of my system in

How do you fuel your tractor?​

From 2014

I used to lift the 23 gal tank on my forks until it almost fell off. So I added a pressure reg and gauge, set to about 2 lbs and leave it on the ground near by. Air line with quick connect, fill cap open until I'm ready. Yes, too high of pressure could split the tank. " don't do that" Works for me and is easy.

Attachments​

• DSCN3131.JPG
    DSCN3131.JPG
    759 KB · Views: 154

• Don’t know how to point you there.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #24  
I've been kicking around ideas for a better way to fuel the tractor for a few years now. I have 3 5gal jugs I use with a funnel currently. My tank is rather small, 13 gallons or so. The tank is also low and easy to get to. But I HATE holding it while it glugs and spills all over the place! I got one of those 12v put the wand into the can pump things. Spent something like $80 on it for it to last about 3 fill ups before dying. I bought a different style/brand, battery powered off D size batteries, and it failed after about 6 months. So I'm back to glugging.

I've considered using a 55gal plastic barrel. Lifting it out of the pickup full (not ideal) using the FEL, maybe on a pallet. And getting a hand crank or maybe splurge on a electric pump.

I've kept my eyes on the local farm auction sites. They often have slip tanks, or even bulk fuel tanks. But they go for really stupid money! Besides, I'm not looking for a 500 gallon tank. Maybe 100 gallon at the most. I do have local fuel delivery of dyed diesel available for a reasonable price considering.

I just gotta figure out a plan and stick to it!

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #25  
I've been kicking around ideas for a better way to fuel the tractor for a few years now. I have 3 5gal jugs I use with a funnel currently. My tank is rather small, 13 gallons or so. The tank is also low and easy to get to. But I HATE holding it while it glugs and spills all over the place! I got one of those 12v put the wand into the can pump things. Spent something like $80 on it for it to last about 3 fill ups before dying. I bought a different style/brand, battery powered off D size batteries, and it failed after about 6 months. So I'm back to glugging.

I've considered using a 55gal plastic barrel. Lifting it out of the pickup full (not ideal) using the FEL, maybe on a pallet. And getting a hand crank or maybe splurge on a electric pump.

I've kept my eyes on the local farm auction sites. They often have slip tanks, or even bulk fuel tanks. But they go for really stupid money! Besides, I'm not looking for a 500 gallon tank. Maybe 100 gallon at the most. I do have local fuel delivery of dyed diesel available for a reasonable price considering.

I just gotta figure out a plan and stick to it!
I'm in the same boat... I got the 55gal drum and a half baked plan of options. Even if I just start out filling the 55 gal drum with red diesel and pumping with my existing electric pump - I'm ahead. I bought some fittings to install a filter before my bump... I need a down pipe in the tank. 3/4 gas pipe or pvc?

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #26  
I’ve kicked around the idea of a small trailer with some kind of attached bulk tank with a hand crank pump and filler hose. Hook up the trailer to the truck to go fill, then park the trailer as a stationary fueling location.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #27  
For years I went from my first picture then went to the second picture I'll never go back. When it gets empty I roll it on my ramp trailer strap it down and refill. For the safety conscious folks I rattle canned it yellow and sharpied diesel on it. Lol

Attachments

• KIMG1485.JPG
    KIMG1485.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • KIMG1486.JPG
    KIMG1486.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
   / Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #28  
Yikes! That's one big carburetor...25-gallon float bowl and everything!

I have a 25 gal poly dolly tank (2 wheels) . I threaded in a pressure reducer and quick release air fitting. ...

Attachments​

• DSCN3131.JPG
    DSCN3131.JPG
    759 KB · Views: 154

Yikes! That's one big carburetor...

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #29  
I think there is a boat we are in here together. 5 gal cans too small and too heavy. Big stationary tanks overkill.
Although jyoutz has got me thinking... I have a seldom used trailer and forklift. I could haul a bigger tank to town. Say 100-150 gal size.
If I could find one at a reasonable price.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #30  
I’ve kicked around the idea of a small trailer with some kind of attached bulk tank with a hand crank pump and filler hose. Hook up the trailer to the truck to go fill, then park the trailer as a stationary fueling location.
Makes logical sense. The potential drawback is it potentially makes it easier for a thief to steal the tank with the fuel.

I'm thinking about a drum myself to reduce the storage footprint of having multiple 5 gallon cans and to avoid lifting them to fill the tractor.