Best way to get diesel into the tractor?

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #41  
iu

I've got a few of these kicking around, and absolutely love them.
Take one of these, and put the fuel can in your loader bucket, get a longer piece of tubing that will connect this pump from the can in your tractor loader to the fill cap of you tractor with the loader lifted high enough to be above your tractors fuel tank. Get the siphon started with this pump and sit back and wait until it is full or the can is empty.

Cheapest option I know of that will work. I have used one of these pumps to fill K1 heaters for a couple decades. They work and are cheap.

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #42  
Makes logical sense. The potential drawback is it potentially makes it easier for a thief to steal the tank with the fuel.

I'm thinking about a drum myself to reduce the storage footprint of having multiple 5 gallon cans and to avoid lifting them to fill the tractor.
I received the Uline forklift drum strap. This is a metal clamping strap with forklift pockets. And I got a barrel dolly. These 2 items will allow the barrel to safely moved with forks or put on a dolly to roll around the storage area.
Plans are to I will mount a filter and pump on the barrel. Now its loaded in the van (it has E track on the walls and floor tie downs) and I'm heading to town for 55 gallons of red diesel. :)

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #43  
The best fuel storage and filling solution varies depending on usage, storage space, budget, DIY capability and how much junk you can repurpose. One size does not fit all.
Very true. The Toolcat has a side fill like a car or truck and was a pain to fill with my jugs. I found the perfect large funnel that I can attach to the TC to dump my fuel into. I can dump half the jug, set the can down, dump the rest in. It is much easier than the top fill my tractor had.

Funnel 001_1.JPG

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #44  
My 773 model has a side fill too. So glad I got a high flow pump now so I could ditch the ladder and funnel.

Attachments

• IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 59
   / Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #48  
And here I was wondering what that
black round thing that was on the back
of the hood on my tractor:unsure:

willy

/ Best way to get diesel into the tractor? #50  
All my life I poured fuel out of 5 gal oil buckets with the open end on the bottom, till I saw a guy pouring hyd oil with the open sprout on the top, never spilled a drop and never starved for air. For a long time I put a drum on a bout 6 ft high rack and let it drain out. Now its too much trouble getting it up there, back to buckets.