Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #851  
I use my Kombi with up to 2 extensions, when I want a powered pole saw. Works great, although I think they technically only "approve" use of one extension.
I do two sections with my pole saw head sometimes. Did it this week with a hedge trimmer head to reach far enough.

Problem with both is that they get heavy and hard to control easily. The pole saw only weighs maybe five pound or less, but when you get it out there on the end of a ten foot stick, it feels like a lot more.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #852  
I do two sections with my pole saw head sometimes. Did it this week with a hedge trimmer head to reach far enough.

Problem with both is that they get heavy and hard to control easily. The pole saw only weighs maybe five pound or less, but when you get it out there on the end of a ten foot stick, it feels like a lot more.
Yeah, for sure! I'm usually using mine for vertical reach, so while it's a bit like a caber toss balancing act, at least I'm not trying the hold the weight cantilevered out horizontally.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #853  
Yeah, for sure! I'm usually using mine for vertical reach, so while it's a bit like a caber toss balancing act, at least I'm not trying the hold the weight cantilevered out horizontally.
When trimming along the tree line, I raise the tractor FEL forks about 8'. Standing on the ground, I lean the pole saw against a fork to take some of the weight off. That way, I can use all 3 extensions. I trim one area and move the tractor down the line.

I saw one farmer down the valley, use a 10' FEL mounted boom pole the same way.

Last edited:
   / Battery powered chainsaw #854  
I'd guess it must be a bit of a thing getting it started with three extensions? I notice how much the engine wants to bog on starting, with each added extension. Never even tried 3!

I bought the largest engine available at the time (6-10 years ago?), which I suspect is the KM 131 R I see on their site now, but I'm not running out to the shed to check right now!

/ Battery powered chainsaw #855  
I bought a Stihl Kombi brush cutter and it worked as well, if not better, than my old gas unit. Need to buy a saw blade for larger diameter saplings to finish "the test" but the brush cutter worked. The batteries lasted as long, if not longer than a tank of gas/oil mix and was MUCH quieter.

Suspect I will get the Stihl chainsaw soon. The price is going to hurt but I am tired of messing with gas.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #856  
So far happy with stihl AP series... but it's a commitment to be sure.