ballast box for Deere 855 CUT

/ ballast box for Deere 855 CUT #41  
How much do you figure your ballast box weighs with sand?

This is an estimate based upon the volume, but I'd estimate between 600-700 lbs. Quite adequate for my needs. I use it for added traction and the occasional heavy lift...but I doubt I've ever lifted anything even close to the loader's capacity. Recently, the heaviest thing I've lifted has been a 650 lb rotary cutter...and the counterweight was as much for the length of the cutter (extends way out in front of the bucket) as the actual weight of the cutter.

/ ballast box for Deere 855 CUT #42  
I finally got around to looking up the weight of my BB. It is 465lbs. I added to that 160lbs. of railroad steel over the cutting edge so that makes it 625lbs. with a bias towards the rear of the BB. Add to that 380lbs. of liquid ballast in the rear tires and I can max out the lifting capacity of the loader without lifting a rear tire.

/ ballast box for Deere 855 CUT #43  
I don't know how much the #7 backhoe weighs, but at the rather tall height of my truck bed, the loader booms would not lift the backhoe, but a slight curl of the bucket lifted the backhoe off the bed of the truck so I could carefully back the tractor to clear the truck bed. No problems with lifting a rear tire and was stable and comfortable throughout the unload.

No7unload.jpg